Sunday, September 17, 2023

Micro-Green Mini ~ Sew & Tell ~ Sept. 18, 2023

Welcome to Melva Loves Scraps and this week's edition of Sew & Tell!  I've been sending out multiple invitations to other bloggers to join my party.  If you happen to be new to MLS and the Sew & Tell party... WELCOME! I think you will find plenty to ooh and ahh over.


When I finished Table Topper #4 in green, I set up a photo shoot in the kitchen... who wants to join me for a cup of tea? 


You can see more details of the topper, including the FMQ feathers at the highlighted link above.  After stitching the first side of the feather (that side is easy-peasy and straight on), I adjusted the needle position to the right and started the second side.  No more skipped stitches!  I did discover, also, that I have to change the orientation of the piece to almost 45 degrees for the best results.  

I then turned my attention to mini-quilt challenge #38/52 ~ Micro Greens. 💚

It measures just 5" x 7" and features some simple embroidery and stitching. It seems "elegant and fancy" in its simplicity and small size. I think it will rank near the top of my favorites at the end of the challenge.

This week's randomly selected feature is Leeann at Not Afraid of Color. Jump over to her blog to learn more about what she learned in making this wall hanging. 




It is now time for this week's party.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:



15 comments:

  1. You did a good job with those feathers, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to join you for tea, Melva!!! Your 5 x 7 is adorable, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join you for a cup of tea, Melva. What a sweet vignette . I lover your quilt and your vintage tin. .Such a sweet mini. They always make me smile. Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your FMQ feathers are amazing! That is a pretty teapot on your lovely table topper. Love the new green mini, you are becoming quite the professional mini maker. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put the tea kettle on, I 'll be right over;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, would love to join you! Your mini quilts are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely would join you for tea -- I love tea but I mostly drink ice tea all year round. And those tins are amazing. I am wondering how old the Lipton one is. Nice finish. I agree with you that green mini is wonderful. Hope you get lots of sewing done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your Micro Greens! (Cute name, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that sweet little Micro Greens quilt! The embroidery is the perfect touch for it. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/20/wednesday-wait-loss-346

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melva, congrats on your feathers. They look great! We all have to figure out what works best for us when FMQ. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute micro green ;))
    Thank you for sharing and linking up with Patchwork & Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing with Monday Musings, Melva! The feathers look great and the hand quilting adds such a great touch to the mini.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hand quilted, hand embroidered, AND in the RSC Color of the Month... LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete