Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Little Kindness Goes A Long Way...

This morning I had received a message from a blog reader that had a question about a pattern for the Sleeping Couple quilt that I made a few months ago...




Hi, you had a quilt with a man and woman with feet hanging out of quilt. My 86 yr old sister has made the quilt but can't figure out how to do the faces. We love the quilt and I wish I could help but I am not talented like her. My question is, do you have a pattern or video to help. It would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks, Margaret Vanpelt


I explained that I too had searched for a pattern unsuccessfully and how I went about creating the faces...

What I did was crop the attached photo so that just one of the heads was showing and then enlarged and adjusted it to the size I needed. 

I attached an example of what I did and wished her good luck.

Her response and gratitude in getting an answer...

Thank you so much. you are too kind. she is going to be so happy. I sit here tears flowing because I never expected an answer. you just made a little lady very happy. 
God bless you. 
Thanks again.

It only took me a few minutes to respond to her... I could have easily discarded the message and taken up the attitude of "Well, I had to figure it out on my own, so she can too", but I didn't - it didn't even cross my mind.  It was no big deal to me, but it made a world of difference for these two ladies...

I  am so glad that I helped... I made her day and she made my day!

What a great place this world could be if everyone made even just one simple act of kindness to another.  Has someone made your day?  Have you paid it forward????  

Happy Tuesday!

Melva

See what other quilters are talking about at Quilter Blogs


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she was brave enough to ask and I'm so glad you responded. It really doesn't take much to make a connection, does it? :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading that her 86 year old sister is still quilting! Great that she reached out and you responded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you made this in a pattern yet. I would love to have this and I see that it has been some time. I don't want to still a pattern and I would love to pay you for this I have several quilt tops that are patchworks of my mom's but would like to make them somewhat of my own as well. since I will be passing them on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking for this pattern. is there a place I can buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have this pattern, if you have it available. I would pay for it. thanks in adavace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought at seeing this was my 2 little ones. And your stories make me so happy. Thanks for going the extra distance. Sometimes I can be brilliant and have all the answers and sometimes I wonder how I tie my own shoes and thank you for being the person you are to help us through those times.

    ReplyDelete