I had been avoiding the fabric department except on a "NEED to have" basis. I mean a truly NEED to have (in order to complete a project) and even then I bought only the bare minimum because I had challenged myself to making quilts (and other projects) with what I had on hand. You would think that 9 months of using up all the various pieces and scraps of fabric that my "stash" would be getting low. Not so much!
The real reason I stopped by the fabric department was to pick up some black fabric to make more Bride & Groom wine bottle covers for the upcoming show in November.
While waiting for someone to come cut the fabric I strolled... And then I found it! It was a lovely light green with lightly printed brown leaves on it. AND, the best part of all... It was on sale for only $1.50 a yard! Score!
When I picked it up and placed it with the black fabric I had I discovered that it wasn't black. It was really more of a dark brown fabric. It looked so pretty together. it was like they belonged together. I couldn't separate them.
It was right then that I knew what I was going to make! I've wanted to try another whole-cloth quilt since I gave the first one away so quickly after finishing it. Not that I plan to keep this one for myself, but at least I will have time to "enjoy" it before I try to sell it at the show.
So, I layered the fabrics and batting, marked the center and then I started drawing. Here is the finished product.
And, like I did in the spring, I am entering an on-line quilt festival. Voting will begin November 1. I have entered two categories - Throw Quilt and Home Machine Quilted. Go check them out and vote!