Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Look for the Good

I've been playing around with some of the ideas I had spilling out-all-over-the-place... You'll find all of them as well as the Sew & Tell party at the link above.


Idea #1) The Paperdoll "verse dress" and coloring page came to life as a card and is ready to be sent off to offer encouragement to someone feeling a little beat up and defeated in this challenging world... or... maybe she'll hang out with me for a while. I could use a good friend 😍

I placed a small piece of fuzzy velcro on her slip bodice for her dress to attach to with the stiff part on the back of it.  The skirt of her dress had a dot of velcro allowing for the change in the verses.  I had fun making this little gal.  I just got a new package of printable fabric and will be doing a few more verses... and maybe another dress or two. 


Idea #2) Using pre-cut squares I pieced a quick patchwork piece for Dave's shop table.  The back... Using a coffee/tea dye I changed the stark white background of the NQC logo fabric and framed it with some leftover backing from one of the recent t-shirt quilts.  





Quilting will take place today... And this will be something that I contemplate as I quilt.

I've been struggling with some of the words in my mind lately... With all of the various things I have encountered as life has been happening, I am trying to quiet those words and find the positive one to repeat.  

This one, along with "look for the good.  There is always good!  And if you can't find it... BE good!

Most days I do pretty well, but... there are always a few days that are more difficult.  It is the natural ebb and flow of life, right?

What are some of the positive thoughts or things that help you?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:




10 comments:

  1. Well isn't that the cutest? ! I love your Paper Doll card- so sweet and colorful. It would be hard to part with it. Lol. Such a sweet quilt too and gorgeous fabrics. I enjoy quick projects like that. Have a wonderful week and enjoy your time in the quilt studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melisa 😊 One never really knows what might come from a “therapy session”.

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of a 'fabric' paper doll and your use of tea dye to calm the stark white background! Some days are easier and some harder...it is the natural ebb and flow! Cloudy days seem to make the sun shiner brighter on the cloudless days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, for your visit and kind words. And we cannot appreciate the view from the mountain top unless you spend a little time getting there. 😊

      Delete
  3. The paper doll card is such a cute idea. As a creative, I struggle a lot with self-worth but it ebbs and flows as you say. Hang in there! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/06/wednesday-wait-loss-344

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s always a pleasure to share and have a visit from you.

      Delete
  4. I remember fondly spending hours with my older cousin making paper dolls and clothes. I don't think velcro was a thing; we made tabs. These are darling! As far as sayings go, I have used "this too shall pass" when the occasion calls for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velcro wasn’t really a thing until the 70’s from what I recall. And then it was usually on clothing, like jackets. I remember one Sunday when my brother sat in church service messing with his winter coat pocket and Mom got mad at him for making noise. 😉

      The paperdolls from my childhood had tabs also, but with a flat fabric doll where there is no place for the tabs to go, Velcro was needed.

      Great saying to remember. ❤ Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. That was really fun with the doll and that patchwork you did for the table is really pretty. I have no doubt that the quilt will be totally gorgeous. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melva, that doll is so cute! I'm looking forward to seeing your quilted cover! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete