Thursday, June 1, 2023

May's Favorite Finish & June's OMG




The quilt that was my favorite finish for the month of May was the Ribbon & Lace quilt that was pieced by Mary Margaret Smith in 1985.  I was trusted with the privilege and honor to finish the fancy sampler quilt by Mary's daughter.  You can see more details about it here and here...

Oh. My. Goodness!  How is that the calendar has turned to the sixth (6th!) month? We keep a fairly low-key schedule with a few trips planned here and there, but... WOW!  June is going to have us hopping.

Activities are planned and on the calendar, and I am fearful that the various events and activities will limit my time in the studio.

Dave is participating in a fundraiser golf tournament, I have a book signing event planned at our local library and a trip to a Santa Fe Trail stop in Oklahoma to present and promote the Pieces from the Santa Fe Trail Quilt book.  We will have the two older grand-daughters for a week of Vacation Bible School and will lead a worship session for a local tent meeting twice ... and then on the 19th we will hit the road for an excursion to Illinois for a family reunion.  And that's just June.  So far, July doesn't look to be quite so crazy. 😜


I have two quilts that I'd like to get finished this month, but with all of the happenings I will be lucky to get only one done... I'll keep the (unseen) pressure off of myself and state that I hope to finish the Rail Fence quilt DONE.  My Mom is not wanting a lot of fancy quilting stitches on it so, I think it will be a reasonable goal.


Should our schedules allow for it... I'd like to get this Red Dresden quilt done and returned to my customer...

Gotta run! I have a few days before the grands visit.  

I need to take advantage of the time in the studio as much as possible.  But before you go, tell me...

Do you have any special plans for the summer?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Free-Motion Mavericks at Quilting & Learning
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch





6 comments:

  1. Hi Melva, I'm looking forward to seeing your Mom's quilt when it's done. It sounds like you have a very busy June - there's not much happening here, which is good, especially if we keep getting this heat! We generally plan a little holiday in August. This year it's going to Stratford Ontario to see a couple of plays. Should be a fun family outing. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Best of luck on all of your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun busy month!!! Those two quilts will be fun!!
    and that ribbon and lace quilt - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the lacy quilt and fancy quilting! I can see why it's your fav finish for May! Sounds like June is really going to have you hopping, Melva. Starting out with the GDs is a super way to start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are going to be hopping this month! The most special plan I have is that I am taking a full month off of teaching, from mid July to mid August! I am planning to focus on the concertos I will be playing for HS kids in January, and sewing of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy month coming ;) The Ribbon and Lace quilt is wonderful. Have fun quilting your Mom's quilt!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up.

    ReplyDelete