Friday, June 30, 2023

Mini-Quilt Challenge Update

I've been really bad about monthly updates on my Mini-Quilts but I am still at it and getting them done on a weekly basis... though my social media weekly updates have been a bit messed up and I lost track of where I was.

But... not that I am making excuses or anything... we have been busy for most of June.  We just returned home from a trip for a family reunion in Illinois.  It was a pleasant trip with beautiful weather (i.e., lower humidity, few storms and no issue with the air quality from smoke.)

I am getting caught up with laundry, mail, emails and banking.  Neither of us were truly ready to return home and our work routines... (yes, we are self-employed and don't have a boss or employer to answer to, but still... the bills must be paid.)  As we ran errands this morning, Dave said "maybe we can sneak away to the mountains in a couple weeks."  Sounds fabulous!  We have the family camp time at my uncle's cabin that not far from us.

Enough of my rambling... Here's the recap of my mini-quilts since mid-May...

Cathedral Window ~ #20/52

Cathedral Window 2.0 ~ #21/52

3-D Pinwheel ~ #22/52

Orphan Crazy Quilt ~ #23/52
This one became a travel needle case for myself. :)

Red Dresden Fan ~ #24/52
This one became a needle case for our grand-daughter ;)

Peace ~ #25/52

Floral Orphan ~ #26/52


This little floral piece came from the collection of orphans from a customer... It was quilted while on the road (story above).  One of my husband's cousins brought some sweet little centerpieces for the tables with fresh flowers from her yard...

And I simply could not resist the opportunity to use one as part of the photo staging.  Here's a few more shots. 

I'll catch up all of the other details of our trip in the Monday Morning Sew & Tell.  See you then!

Oh, but before you go, tell me which one of these is a favorite to you...and why.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Keep Piecing!

Melva

Linking with:

Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese 
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Free-Motion Mavericks at Quilting & Learning
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy’s Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch

m


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the review of your lovely mini quilts! I'm looking forward FOR you to that trip to the mountains. Sounds wonderful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative with your mini quilts, Melva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great batch of mini quilts, Melva! My favorite is the one at the top of the post. Why? I love the layers of "squircles!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely collection of mini quilts! I love Floral Orphan.
    Thank you for sharing and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection. I'll pick the cathedral window for nostalgia's sake. I started one once. Mine ended up in an auction at quilt guild. I hope the person who bought it did something nice with it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I have given up keeping track of pretty much anything that requires numbers – except my stash report (thank you Excel) and my reading challenges. Goodreads does most of the work there! It’s good to know I’m in good company!
    I’m so glad you had a good trip. Yes the getting caught up takes time, but doesn’t it feel good to finish up?
    Melva, your Peace (It is well with my soul) is beautiful. How did you enjoy the process of big stitch binding on your floral piece. It seems to me that mini quilts are a wonderful way to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've got some really beautiful pieces finished in June -- that's very productive! I especially like that first piece, pictured over the book of James. ♥ I know what you mean about struggling to get back into the swing of things after a break. It seems like I've just settled in to not working, when it's time to go back and gear up again! Happy July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely collection of minis! Love the shear creativity of it. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/28/wednesday-wait-loss-334

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great collection of Minis! I like the pinwheel and I don't know why - that one just caught me eye
    You have been busy and having fun - Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melva, love your minis! The peace sign is lovely. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete