Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sew & Tell ~ June 12, 2023


 I had a busy week... You may have seen the Fence Rail Photo Session.  Here's a couple of my favorites.  You can see all of the shots by following the link above.



After making the delivery of the quilt, I turned my attention to my customer's red Dresden quilt, with hopes that I could get a good portion of it done. Something that I really wanted done before the grands would be arriving for the week of Vacation Bible School.  

Friday was also my book signing event.  It's a good thing I am a planner and have everything ready to go well in advance.  The power was out most of the afternoon which forced me to sit and relax with a little hand-stitching.


I grabbed my latest mini-quilt, #23/52, which measured 5"x7"... I had decided that "when I had time" I would turn it into a small needle case to go into the little bag of treasures that I carry for making the quilted hearts.

The time was at hand, and I took advantage of it...


I added a few stitches along the "spine" of the needle case to help define where the fold line would be and then added a small piece of felt for a few pins and needles to be held.  I located a small button and a small piece of round elastic to create a closure... and Tada!  I had a needle case.


This week's mini-quilt challenge, #24/52 had been prepped and waiting for me and since the power had not come back on... I stitched away. The fan pieces were a few remnants of my customer's quilt that was under the needle.  I sewed them together and trimmed them to 5"x7".

Just as the power had been restored, it was time to head out for the book signing.



It was a successful and fun event with several quilters asking questions about the blocks, their names and the reason that they were selected, as well as questions about Marion's life.  Dave and celebrated after getting back home with from-scratch margaritas!  So delish!



I found myself in the studio most of Saturday with the Dresden quilt... and was celebrating with another finish for the week!  Woohoo!

Leaving my schedule wide open for activities with the girls...

This week's Sew & Tell feature is the Batik Churn Dash quilt from Laurie's Place On-line... I love the watercolor look she is achieving with all of the blues and greens. 👏👏


Now it is your turn... What do you have for Sew & Tell?  Join the party by leaving a link for your blog or social media account.  I love seeing the variety of projects you have been sharing.

I'll probably be a little silent here while the girls are visiting.  And as soon as they leave for home, I will be headed to Oklahoma for a Santa Fe Trail event... and then off to the family reunion in IL.  I'll pop in when I can to catch everyone up.  

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m

10 comments:

  1. Your Dresden quilt is gorgeous, Melva as is your mini quilt. Congratulations on a successful book signing. Have a lovely visit with the girls and enjoy your time away. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I'm loving the gorgeous NM scenery in your photos. Your needle case is so pretty, and wow on that beautiful Dresden - nice job! Congrats on your book signing. Those margaritas look delicious. ;) Enjoy your week with the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great week!! Love your photo session with the Rail Fence - it was a perfect spot!!!
    and your dresden is amazing!!
    Glad you had a successful Book Signing - what fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melva you had a marvellous week filled with finishes and so much fun. Love that Dresden and your Rail Fence quilts. Celebrating with a margarita after a successful book signing sound perfect! Have fun with the grands and travelling. Thanks for hosting Sew &Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you had a fantastic week! That little needle case is so pretty and I LOVE that Dresden quilt! Congrats on the book signing. I'm glad it was a success. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did get quite a bit done! Love the needle case, the mini and the dresden quilt. Congrats on the book signing and have fun with the grands this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, such a lovely quilt! I like how it looks with larger rail fence strips! Your hand stitching is lovely as are those Dresdens! What a great idea to make the needle case! Laurie’s quilt is indeed lovely! By the way, Pieces in the Garden is now on my friend’s hospital bed as she faces her second brain surgery in one week today. Thank you for your hard work in hosting the sew along. She feels the love. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two finishes! You are rocking it this week. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/147/wednesday-wait-loss-332

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melva, love your Dresden quilt! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scenery is so pretty, as are the quilts.

    ReplyDelete