Friday, May 12, 2023

Ribbons, Lace & Fancy Finish

It has been a real journey as I finished eight quilt tops that were pieced by Mary Margaret Smith ~ the last of them was by far the fanciest of them all.  Thirty blocks, each with a different design made from ribbons, lace and fancy stitching.

Trying to capture a good photo of this white, very large quilt is difficult.  I can't really take it outside to photograph for fear of it ending up with a big dirt smudge or stain.

This photo will have to suffice (for now)...  The shadows help to show the quilting and some of the lace/ribbon.  (I may get brave to try an outdoor photo session tomorrow, with assistance.)


Here's a close up of the block with her initials and the year, 1998...


Cheri, who commissioned me to finish her Mother's tops saw the photos on social media and this is what she had to say...

Oh Melva, Mom would love it !!! I know she is looking down right now and is totally in awe !! I think this one was her pride and joy and she never got the chance to finish it. You have done amazing work ! It's perfect !!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I'll be binge watching shows as I bury the hundreds of threads that resulted from the custom quilting.

Any suggestions for shows to watch?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!

Be blessed and keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts

m

5 comments:

  1. Lace and feathers. What's not to love. A show stopper of a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect ending to your commission work for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing quilt. It will be loved and cherished. I have been watching the oldies on tv at night as I quilt like Matlock, Andy Griffith and Murder She Wrote. Hope you find something that you enjoy as you bury the threads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! and what a super sweet comment... warms your heart!

    ReplyDelete