Friday, June 9, 2023

Friday Finish - Fence Rail Photo Session

The quilt had a label and had a quick wash and gentle dry so that the 80% cotton batting could do the magic that it does... making the quilt a little wrinkly and looking well loved... and it was time for a photo session to capture its beauty.

I went just a short distance from home to the state park that is nearly in our backyard where I was well aware that they had cedar rail fencing.  It just seemed appropriate for the name of the blocks used.

An afternoon of thunderstorms was forecasted and they on their way.  I wanted to beat them.  This meant that I would have no assistance in holding the quilt up for a full shot... but I am pleased with what I got. 😀









I've got to run to get ready for the Pieces from the Santa Fe Trail book signing event... I hope that you will return for a visit for next week's Sew & Tell party.  I'll have a few things to share... and I hope that you will too.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese 
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Free-Motion Mavericks at Quilting & Learning
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch

m


10 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like a Rail Fence quilt, is there? Fun to assemble, and easy, and adaptable. And the setting and that wonderful storm-threatened sky was just perfect. I'm sure Carol with love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melva your rail fence quilt is gorgeous and such a beautiful setting to take photos as well. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rail fence on a rail fence - what a beautiful finish, Melva! And the New Mexico mountains/approaching thunderstorms background just makes me want to go there so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scenery for your beautiful quilt, Melva! I love the bright blue backing too.
    Thank you for sharing this lovely finish, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo shoot - rail fence on a fence rail! Haha! I also love the bright turquoise backing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful rail fence quilt,the teal backing adds charm to the rich warm colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome rail fence quilt. I love the bright happy turquoise backing. Gives. it very Southwest vibe. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melva, that is a very lovely quilt. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful place for a photo session!! and the Rail fence is beautiful = love the teal backing!!!

    ReplyDelete