Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Advent Countdown


Hi, my name is Melva and I am a sucker for a fun Advent Calendar. My love for them began as a child.  We had a calendar with a Christmas tree and small pockets that held ornaments.  Each day one of the small ornaments was added to the tree.  

When our children were young, we used the same calendar.  I passed on the calendar to our grandchildren.  Though, I don't think it has been used for a few years. :(

My Mom loves them as well.  She also loves puzzles.  I found an advent puzzle for her!  She has always admired beautiful stained-glass windows and this puzzle just seems perfect for her. 


Months ago, while looking for some custom sew-in labels, I found this fun Kylie and the Machine set that includes two tags each day.



Aaaaaaaaaand... I have an advent ornament set from Joyce Meyer Ministries.

Won't you join me on social media as I share pictures of each day's tags beginning December 1?

You can find me on Instagram @MelvaLovesScraps or on facebook at Melva Loves Scraps


Last year I found an on-line quilter's Advent calendar.  Melanie is doing it again this year too!  Along with the calendar, she is hosting a Star-Toss Mystery Quilt.  I may be a little crazy but will plan to keep up with the sew along too.   

December 1st is just around the corner!  I can't wait.  

I know that there are many different Christmas Countdown calendars... 

Tell me about your favorite.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m

 

3 comments:

  1. Those are so much fun and there is such a variety of them nowadays, something for everyone. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty advent calendar. I love advents as well, but have never had one. Maybe I need to get one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melva, Advent calendars are so lovely. I have a beautiful cross stitched one from Denmark that is a piece of art! It has hoops to hang things each day. Each day I tie a ribbon around that day's hoop. I haven't taken it out yet but that will be this weekend's task - to finish putting up the tree and decorations. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks!

    ReplyDelete