Friday, November 10, 2023

Friday Flimsie Finish

It is Friday, and it was a busy, busy week... but I have a finish!  I'll give all the details of the week's activities in my weekly Sew & Tell update/party on Monday morning.

For now... Here is Danielle's Flag Girl flimsie.


If all goes as planned, it will be sandwiched and under the needle of my Babylock Jazz before Monday.

I had a hard time selecting the fabric for the sashing strips... In the end, I used the back of the black fabric that will be the binding.

Have you ever purposely used the back of a fabric in a quilt?

Leave a comment... I'd love to learn that I am not the only one. LOL!

Pssst... I created a tutorial on how to make the magnetic prayer boards.  Take a peek!

Keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with:


m


8 comments:

  1. I was told a long time ago that you paid the same price for the back of the fabric as you did the front. Sometimes it just works better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have - applique projects mostly - but it is always fun when that works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finish Melva! Yes I have used the back, sometimes not on purpose but because it got flipped - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your use of the back of the fabric for the sashings, and yes I have done a little of that. Some intentional and some not:0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the back of neutrals when I need them to be more low volume, and that works well. It also allows me to use the fabric twice as often in a quilt! Nice job on the tee top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish! I too have used the back of some printed fabrics, for a lighter version of the front ;) Your sashing strips look wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, tee shirt quilts are so meaningful to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete