Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Cloud 9

As the New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop wrapped up we were invited to participate in another upcoming Blog Hop - 2016 Cloud 9 New Block Blog Hop


I had been awaiting the arrival of the fat-quarters... and also awaiting some divinely inspired original block to create from them.

Yesterday they arrived in our little mail box!  They are as luscious in texture as they are in color! 

Yet, I still have no inspiration... I hope it happens soon!  Because I have to have a block created and a tutorial of making the block ready to go by September 12th! 

In the meantime, I have been finishing the crayon wall hangings for the Grands...




Speaking of Grands... Our newest little grand-daughter arrived early Saturday morning!  We are on "Cloud 9" (get the pun? haha...)


And since Mom & Dad were a bit busy with little Maggie, Gamma & Kampa (not a mis-spelling) got to spend some very special time with Big Sister Emma! 


 It was time cherished by all!

Big Brother Tyshan was with his Mom but had a special time meeting and bonding baby sister (but we didn't get any pictures)... But I have to say, he was IN LOVE with Maggie!  This 7 year-old noticed the small dimples of her knuckles and the shape of her nose and ears and melted when Maggie held his finger and had a little smile.

Ok, enough gushing over the Grand-kids...  Back to being inspired...  As I finished Emma's wall hanging the Butterfly fabric I used for the backing inspired me... 


I'm not exactly sure what will transpire, but I do believe the Cloud 9 fabric will somehow become a butterfly... Stay tuned!

Where do you find inspiration?  What do you do to turn on your creativity?

May your day be blessed!

Melva


Stop by Quilter Blogs to see what other quilters are talking about.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you received your bundle and love the fabric, but I'm way more happy for you and your family for a healthy new member joining you! I personally love to sit and doodle with pencil and paper and find some of my best inspiration happens when I am sitting out doors in nature while I doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new grandchild! Glad to see it all went well. Hope that inspiration strikes soon!

    ReplyDelete