Friday, August 26, 2016

Five Things Friday - #3

It is time for Five Things Friday!  An opportunity to look back over the week and share just five things that made me smile and feel joy and happiness!



A long bike ride with my guy! Actually, several this week... As a late anniversary gift to each other we purchased a couple bikes and helmets (safety first!) and have started enjoying the trails at Trinidad Lake














Giggles and wagon rides!




Patches of sunshine... And naps!




















With the temperatures being a little cooler, there is no doubt that fall is just around the corner.  I have been taking advantage of the cooler weather and there is just nothing that beats the smell of fresh baked bread and cookies.... well, maybe the taste of fresh baked goodies. Mmm Mmm!









And finally, this block pattern - Gertie Goat - has been laying around on my cutting table for months and while I should have been working on items to sell at the Farmer's Market on September 3, I chose to work on this.  It reminds me of our friends with the Lazy J Goat Farm and the goat with a patchwork of colors marking her face that was named for me!














Life can get pretty busy... Life can get pretty crazy...  Life can get you down sometimes.  But I have found that in purposefully looking for the good things, those things that make you smile, you slow down a little and enjoy the moments. I challenge you... look for just five things - that's all, five things - that make you smile.  I'd be willing to bet that you will discover many more than five and find it difficult to narrow them down to the top five!  I'd love to hear what they are... just leave a comment below.  And then stop and visit Amanda at Gypsy Moon Quilt Co. to see what she smiled about. :)


Happy Weekend!

PS - Be sure to come back on Sunday.  I will be holding a "Linky Party" that offers others an opportunity to share photos of their Studio/Sewing Space.  You can see mine by clicking on the new tab at the top of my page or by going here. You can upload your links until September 3.  Be sure to join in on the fun!

Melva

Stop by Quilter Blogs to see what other quilters are doing.


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you're having a lovely summer!!! Gertie Goat is funny, how wonderful you have a goat named for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are fewer things better than fresh baked cookies! Love seeing all your happy things and your positive outlook! That's exactly what FTF is all about. 😊 Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete