Thursday, August 18, 2016

I've Been Accepted!

It isn't often that I have an original idea for a block that I want to submit for publication... but last year I had been asked to make a quilted wall hanging that was to be a gift for a wedding anniversary.

The customer had very specific ideas about how he wanted it to look, and in the end we agreed that our thoughts about the project were not meshing and the project was abandoned.  

He had wanted a cupid - or other symbol of enduring love - appliqued on the quilt...  I went to the drawing board!  It took several attempts to get just the right size, angle and colors.  But I did not quit...

I really wish I could give you a shot of the block, but that will have to wait until the Blog Hop in November.  But I will give you a sneak peek...



So be sure to visit again so that you can see the final block!

Happy Quilting!

Melva

Head over to Quilter Blogs to visit other quilters and see what they are doing!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Melva! I am looking forward to seeing your block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce! The whole design process was really fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is very exciting news indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you have come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! That is great news and I look forward to seeing what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. The whole back story of its creation reminds me that God can bring good from all things. :)

      Delete