Friday, September 27, 2024

Friday Fellowship

As I reflect on the past 2 weeks, I am filled with emotion.  Feelings of loss and fulfillment, sadness and joy.... but my cup has definitely been filled.


Following the death of our Shelby Grace it was so strange to return home from any errands and not be greeted by the little brown dog with the wagging tail.  
When we shared the news with the people that frequent our doorstep with deliveries and the tellers of the drive-in bank, tears welled.  Not just ours, but theirs as well. Though, I have to admit, it made the preparation for our travels much easier since we didn't need to arrange doggy day/night care.  

Dave and I drove the miles across Colorado for my first trunk show presented to a wonderful and welcoming quilt guild. We were blessed with the opportunity to stay with longtime friends that we have not seen for years.  Our time catching up was as though we had just seen each other just last week.  The friendships like this are vital to life!  

As we drove, we listened to a book, Chasing Fireflies.  It was well written, and the narrator was pleasant to listen to.  And I worked on a new paper embroidery project.

It is sometimes difficult to know when such a project is "finished."  As I look at it in the photo, I see several more lines and shadows that could be enhanced.  For now... I'll say it is done.


During our return from the Lazy J Goat Farm, We listened to Where the Crawdads Sing.  We have seen the movie and the book is just as good.  Though we are only 1/2 way through.  I hope to renew it to listen when we travel to Illinois.  

When the unpacking was complete, I stitched on the label for the Baby's First Year quilt and kept eyeing a small vintage tablecloth that was included in the box of baby clothes.  

Grace was selling some of her mother's items after her passing and I had commented on the cloth in July.  Much to my surprise it arrived months later.

Sure, it is a little stained and worn... but can you imagine the fellowship and conversations, stories, laughter and tears that took place around it.  The coffee/tee and food stains and small holes only add to the charm of the piece.

You can read some further thoughts I shared years ago when I quilted another tablecloth for a customer... The Heart of the Home.

It is currently under my needle, and I hope to share the finished, refurbished table topper on Monday in my Sew & Tell Party.  Stay tuned!  Speaking of Sew & Tell... This week's party is still open!  You're more than welcome to join the fun. :)


In recent years I have started using table toppers or placemats on our table. This one may be added to my collection, even though it is a little larger than our table... We shall see. 

Do you use tablecloths or table toppers?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m


No comments:

Post a Comment