Sunday, September 22, 2024

Remote Studio ~ Sew & Tell





What a week... We have seen roads from Northern Colorado all the way to Seymour, TX... I'm not quite sure what day of the week is, other than the fact that my phone calendar tells me that it is time for Sew & Tell!  LOL


I was honored to be invited to the Pieceable Friends Quilt Guild in Greeley and enjoyed presenting my "trunk" show of "Story Telling Quilts."  What an amazing group of quilters.  They were an attentive and well engaged bunch.  The had some good questions and I was happy to answer them.

As I write this session of Sew & Tell we are in Seymour, TX at the Lazy J Goat Farm.  You may have heard me tell of our visits here... we make them once or twice a year.  Our dear friends were in need of some farm hands so that they could make a trip to care for Jamie's mom who is preparing to leave this world... so we volunteered!  


We have worked along their sides numerous times so the chores such as making sure everyone has food and water and gathering eggs are familiar.  When not "choring" we are working remotely.  I have a corner of the living room set up with my Babylock Jazz.  It is not ideal, but it is only short term.


Dave has a "checkering station" set up on the back patio and is content to work outside starting out in the cooler morning temps. Which are still quite warm in the 70's. :(  

We feel fortunate and blessed to be able to help them in such a way.

So... here's what I have been working on.  The twin-sized Baby's First Year quilt for my customer. It has been quilted!  A wavy all-over lattice grid was quick and easy.

The binding will be a quick job as I will machine finish it.

I have several other small projects that I'll be working on as we continue to live the farm life.  On my agenda are some postcard blocks to finish up the very few travels of this year and some quilted hearts so that I can embellish and decorate by hand when we head home.


You all (I'm in TX, maybe that should be Y'all) had some great Sew & Tell projects, but Nancy's entry in the party was the randomly selected winner.  She showed off a collection of "Little Quilts" that she quilted up for customer, Missy.  Each one is lovely and has a unique quilting design.  Nancy showed us pictures of the backings as well as the detail of the quilting she did.  If you missed it, hop on over and take a look!

All of these mini quilts are a part of a monthly subscription from Laundry Basket Quilts.  I have seen several monthly subscriptions but have never purchased one.

The closest I have come is a block of the month.   The only ones I have ever paid for were when I first started quilting... Waaaaaaaaaaay back when... it was a local thing and only cost $5 for the first month, and then $1 for subsequent months if you brought back the previous month's completed block.

Have you ever purchased a monthly subscription box?
Where was it from?
What sort of things were included?
Do you feel it was "worth it?"

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you.

Keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m


No comments:

Post a Comment