Sunday, December 24, 2023

Merry Christmas! From Sew & Tell

I stumbled upon a list of Naughty or Nice for Quilters that made me laugh and I just had to share with you.

FYI, I am skipping the Sew & Tell feature, but the party will be open all week.  Maybe you, like me, will be preparing a Year End Review.  I hope you will join the party!  Merry Christmas!

Naughty...

✦  You added more items to your UFO list than you completed

✦  You measured once and had to cut twice

✦  You bought too much and had to sneak packages inside

✦  You got busy sewing and forgot to make dinner

✦  You photocopied the pattern and cheated the designer out of her due ~ BIG NO-NO, BTW!

✦  You turned into the "Quilt Police"

✦  You bought the book/pattern you already owned because you have so many you forgot you already have it

✦  You spoke like a sailor when you realized you were sewing with no bobbin thread

Nice...

Star Toss Mystery Quilt Top 
✦  You finished your project!

✦  You gave a quilted item as a gift

✦  You can always find something nice to say about other people's quilts

✦  You rejoice in your friends' quilting successes

✦  You donate your time and talent to sew for worthy causes

✦  You shared your best scraps

✦  You shared tiny pieces for crazy friends or pet beds

✦  You taught your skill to a new quilter

✦  You did a sewing chore for someone who doesn't sew

If you need a little help with item 4 on the naughty list - forgot to make dinner a time or two I can help you out.

Here's a No Guilt::Go Quilt slow cooker recipe that I found for Cashew Chicken...

Crock Pot Cashew Chicken

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
4 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup cashews

Directions:

Place diced chicken in a slow cooker. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.

Combine 1/4 cup water and 4 teaspoons Tapioca starch (or corn starch) and stir into the sauce to thicken. Serve over rice with some stir-fry veggies.  Garnish with cashews. 

Makes 4-6 servings.

So how do you measure up?  

Are you a "Naughty" quilter?  

Or a "Nice" quilter?

In all honesty, I confess to a few of items on the "naughty" list, but I can check off more items on the "nice" list.  How 'bout you?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!

Merry Christmas,

Melva

Linking with:
m

11 comments:

  1. Lol I love your Naughty and Nice list. I’m afraid I still struggle with too many UFOs but fingers crossed that I’m still on the Nice list. Merry Christmas! Smithcindyk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Naughty and Nice Lists, but I can not confess to my status of either lists this year πŸ˜‰. Merry Christmas to you and yours Melva. Thank you for hosting Sew and Tell this year! 🀢🏻⛄️πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melva, we all have a bit of naughty and nice in us I suspect :-) Merry Christmas and thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little concerned that my UFO list grew this year - but I haven't made an assessment yet. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Melva!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I fall more on the Nice than Naughty side, but I might have spoken like a sailor once or twice, lol! Thanks for the recipe - that looks yummy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Melva!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol the Naughty and Nice List was funny. I do believe I fall more in the nice list, though I have been known to leave my newly purchased stash in the car until the coast is clear . Hee! Hee! Happy New Years, Melva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list and oh so true! Have a great New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/27/wednesday-wait-loss-360

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny list!! I like your starry quilt mystery!! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New to your blog and really love it. Really fell head over heels for the Star Toss Quilt ! Looking forward to doing the next sew along with you! Thanks

    ReplyDelete