Tuesday, May 31, 2022

To-Do List Done

Happy Tuesday!  Let's take a look at what I had on last week's "To-do" list...


✔ Prepare the step samples for the Pieces From the Past BOM in June, Blocks #11 & 12

These are two beginner friendly blocks ~ the Owl and Indian Star and with the completion of these two, the participants at Patchwork Phoenix will be ready to assemble one row of their quilt. 

❧ And this reminds me that I need to get the cutting instructions for that step to the shop owner...




✔ Write pattern, test and photograph Block #6 of the Pieces in the Garden Sew Along.  

Not a lot that I can share with you... 🙈



I worked on a design for an upcoming block (#8) as well...  I considered many options (that I was not happy with).  I finally went back to the original sampler to see what sort of block was used in the needlepoint.  When I saw it, I went DUH!  Sorry, but you will have to wait to see what sort of block we will be making. 😀  I'm such a tease 😂

When I finished the Marathon Quilt I did a few pics indoors, but had wanted to get to a local track for a formal shoot.  That finally happened this week.  Take a look!

My customer is looking forward to getting the quilt into her son's hands and loved the photos.  Her exact words were "These are amazing!" 

While the lighting is not the best, and my original intention was to get the mountain range in the background of some of them, I do like this one! 



❧ Since I don't have any quilts currently in the works or on the horizon, I will turn my attention toward my scrapbooking... I have photos printed to finish out 2018.


❧ And since our middle grand-daughter will be visiting for a few days the following week, I will get some fix up some new outfits for my "model" paper doll quilts.  

Did you see my Sew & Tell story yesterday?

I shared how I made quilted slip covers for our patio furniture and completed a mini-quilt postcard series featuring some little chapels.

I asked...

If I started a Monday Morning Sew & Tell linky party, would you participate?  

No hard and fast rules involved.  Just share a post of what you have been up to lately, or even a fb post or IG photo.  It would open on Sunday evening and remain open until Tuesday night.   Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment.

And last week I asked if you might be interested in participating in a National Sewing Day Photo Challenge or Blog hop...

I have an idea for a "30-days of sewing" challenge or a "National Sewing Day Photo Challenge"...

It wouldn't be super difficult.  The photo challenge would simply involve a daily posting or sharing of various sewing notions related to that day's number.  For example... Day one could be one thimble, or one spool of thread, or one seam ripper... Day 2 could be two pins, or two pairs of scissors...  

The sewing challenge would be similar to the #100daychallenge, but with sewing.  Whether you decide you want to spend 5 or 10 minutes a day sewing, or 5 hours sewing, the idea is to sew every day for 30 days. Photos of your progress or project would be shared on social media.

Is this something you would be interested in participating in?  
Would you be willing to offer a prize or two for give-aways?  
Would you be interested in being part of a blog hop?
Would you like to co-sponsor/host an event like this?

Leave a comment, or send me a quick e-mail... I'd love to have some feedback.  MelvaLovesScraps@NolanQualityCustoms.com

Keep Piecing!

Melva

Linking with:

To Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal

4 comments:

  1. Your customer is right - that quilt IS amazing! I need to get going and finish last month's Pieces in the Garden blocks so I can start on this month's blocks. Haha on being a tease with the upcoming blocks! I would participate in the Sew and Tell but not the photo or sewing challenge.
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That T-shirt quilt is awesome, Melva! A lot of my sewing these days is not shareable until I post, but I would participate in a Sew and Tell when I could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Your Marathon Quilt is awesome...and I just love those
    paper dolls...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a busy week! The Marathon quilt looks great and you did get some fun finished photos. Good luck with your plans for this week.

    ReplyDelete