Thursday, May 5, 2022

Thankful Thursday

May has arrived and it would seem that spring has too!  I feel that this month is full of possibilities!  As I saw on social media recently...

It MAY rain... It MAY snow... It MAY be 70 degrees... It MAY be 20 degrees...


I am thankful for the warmer temperatures and I am thankful for the moisture we have seen... if only the wind would S.T.O.P. 

It is tempting to get some pretty flowers and brighten things up on the front porch or the back patio, but I know better!  I mean, only about 10 days ago we had heavy snow! Once it stopped snowing, it warmed up and 90% of the snow was gone just 11 hours later!  In our area, it is just best to wait until Memorial Day weekend... 

I will just fill my desire for pretty colors with my quilting projects!  

Like this Pieces from the Past Revisited quilt... 
You can read more about it on Monday's story that linked up with Elm Street Quilts' One Monthly Goal.

I'm thankful that I was able to meet with the quilters in Raton, NM for the class on blocks 9 & 10 of the Pieces From the Past BOM on Wednesday... Block 9 happens to be the Dragon Fly block, so it was a perfect time to share this "Revisited" quilt with them.  

Last month I had shared recipe cards of Katie's recipes and the quilters brought goodies they made using the recipes to class to share.  Yum!  


I'm thankful for the technology and scheduling abilities that come with it... I have been busy writing a few more stories for the Pieces in the Garden Sew Along... Teatime with TT next week will feature my youngest cousin, Karri.  Block #4 ~ Hours ~ was released last week and included Tressie's memories from high school and how she and Forrest met.  Did you get your pattern yet? Follow the link above, or click on the tab at the top of the page to find links to all of the stories and patterns.  

I am thankful for the readers and quilters that have been following along with the Pieces in the Garden sew along... not to mention all that followed along with the Pieces from the Past sew along...

Follow this link to find the store!


I had a special announcement about the Pieces From the Past Series/Book released yesterday... If you missed it...

My book, Pieces From the Past ~ A collection of Letters from Former Prisoners of War, is 20% off at Blurb.com! Just use code BLURBMADE at checkout from May 4-6. 
Click on the image of the book! 



I'm thankful for the recent "free time" as we drove to our grand-daughter's first birthday so I stitched up the alligator block for our Camping Journal Quilt...  

I had fun with the fabric selection for this one... what do you think?


What are you thankful for? 

See ya later alligator!  
Don't forget to leave a comment!  I love hearing from you 💖

Melva

Linking with:

m

3 comments:

  1. Your quilting class sound fun, and what a pretty drive you must have to Raton! You did a great job on the alligator block. This morning I'm grateful to see our landscape rose bush in full bloom. I'm not wild about landscape roses (no fragrance), but this one is a sight for winter-sore eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I like your quilt blocks...so pretty. I really like your alligator.
    Have a great day!



    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the warmer weather. Love those blocks! Like that quilted alligator!

    ReplyDelete