Monday, May 30, 2022

Sew & Tell Time!

It is time for Sew & Tell... A time for me to share the progress of what I have been working on in the studio.  I'm going to start with a question for you.  

If I started a Monday Morning Sew & Tell linky party, would you participate?  

No hard and fast rules involved.  Just share a post of what you have been up to lately, or even a fb post or IG photo.  It would open on Sunday evening and remain open until Tuesday night.   Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment.



A while back (January 2021) I saw a painting of a little chapel that inspired me to make a postcard quilt (upper right)... I had mentioned at that time that a series of these chapels could be a sweet little collection.

That serries came to fruition this week!

The upper left is from a spectacular sunset photo of the church we led worship at.  I called it "Let your light shine."

The lower left is from a photo of the ruins of the Morley Church that is located a few miles south of our house.  

The lower right is a small chapel that is just a short distance down the road from our house.  It is a storage shed for one of our neighbors.  

I will share a short tutorial in the near future on how I made these postcards that could double as a mug rug.



One more sew & tell...  The cushions on our patio furniture were disintegrating into nothing and needed some help.  Several years ago, I had recovered all of the lower cushions and cursed my through the project.  Dave and I had discussed options and decided that some slip covers could be done easily.  We would eventually get to a fabric store where I could get some upholstery fabric to do the job...

But! Yesterday I was inspired to use a quilt that had been given to me.  There was more than enough to use for the fronts of the covers... Dave was concerned that it wouldn't match anything on the patio and that it would be too bright and out of place.  My reply was "we all need a pop of color in our lives!"  Here is the whole set all finished and tucked in for the season. 💗


What do you think?  Is this something you would do?  

Remember... chime in if you are interested in a new linky party.

Keep piecing!

Melva

Linking with:

Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Stitch Sew & Show at Life in the Scrap Patch
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation



 

3 comments:

  1. I think those chairs are just perfect! I love that you used something you had to freshen it up. Perfect that you had a "quilt-in-waiting" for the perfect place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the churches post cards. I've made one and have a few ideas for other ones. I would join a linky party - if I remembered :) I link on Saturday morning my time (think that would be Friday night your time), so I would link if I remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chapel quilts are divine! So clever to use an old quilt to dress up your patio. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete