Monday, March 4, 2019

The Adventure Quilt - Traveler



Block #5 of the road trip quilt from Kate & Tammy represents the traveler...






Kate stated that is often referred to as the Mississippi Star that has been tweaked a little...


It reminds me of a spurs on a boot and tumbleweeds.

We have made the trip from Southern Colorado to Amarillo (and continued to Seymour or Dallas/Fort Worth area) numerous times and it seems like we encounter wind, dust storms and the great tumble weed migration on our return trip between Dumas, TX and Clayton, NM... every. time.



The star could easily be representative of the individual with wanderlust... My grandparents were lovers of traveling.  It may have skipped a generation because my Mom doesn't seem to have the travel bug... But I do!  Now don't get me wrong... I love being at home and could easily become a bit of a hermit... but I dream of traveling world-wide.  

Maybe when we retire we will take up residency on cruise ships!  Travel the world to our heart's content... we'd have access to medical care, someone would prepare all of the meals, clean the room, change out sheets and towels... I could do that!

Oh, I suppose we might tire of it eventually, but until then we would experience the variety of cultures and society and cuisine world wide!


What sort of retirement dreams and plans do you have?  

Or maybe you are already living your retirement dream... Good for you!  What does a typical day look like?

Leave a comment - I love to hear from my readers.

Quilt happy!

Melva
Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series

Linking with:

UFO Busting at Tish's Adventures in Wonderland
BOMs Away at What A Hoot Quilts
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
WOW at Esther's Quilt Blog

Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts


5 comments:

  1. I've been out on the open highway during a wind storm and a migration of dried-up tumbleweeds - a literal river of them rolling fast and thick across the Interstate - quite an experience, actually! You really could "full time it" on cruise ships for retirement years! My father and his wife enjoy cruising and go out probably 8 times a year on them. Talking with him, he said they do see several retirees who sold their homes and just live on cruise ship after cruise ship and really enjoy that. Rather like the full-time RV'ers on land. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also love to retire on a cruise ship!! I would have to have the owner's suite, because I'll need all my quilting stuff as well as my longarm!! Maybe with fewer quilt shops and the lousy internet connection on board, I might actually have a chance to use all my fabric before I die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's a nice comparison, especially since in the last three weeks, I have been through Amarillo ... and El Paso and Pecos and San Angelo and Dallas, and a lot of other places! Our dream was traveling in our 5th wheel, and we did that for 5 years before my husband died - the best five years of my life. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, and hope to at least be able to get a small trailer and do some traveling part of the year, before I'm too old! The idea of the cruise ships appeals, too. I had an uncle who traveled on freighters - lots less expensive, not the massive entertainment, but still getting to see the world and have someone else cook. He was quite enthusiastic about that type of travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like fun - retire on a cruise ship! It would be really hard not to overeat though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to travel but that's not looking very possible. Oh well. At least I have quilting! Thanks for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete