Saturday, March 23, 2019

No Guilt:: Go Quilt... And Create!

I needed a little bit of free-form creation time - no real deadlines, no parameters or themes to hold to, no following a pattern...  and I finally got it. I didn't create anything spectacular.  Just a few mini-minis that I will send to a few friends that could use some encouragement.

And thanks to another No Guilt::Go Quilt freezer meal I had the freedom from one more thing to draw my attention away from my studio time.

We enjoyed this Green Chili Chicken and Lime Soup (minus 8 ozs. of mushrooms)

As I entered my studio I had several ideas...  I wanted to do a tiny-quilt.  One of my 5x7 hand-sewn hellos based on this picture.




As I pulled out my scrap bin I found the perfect fabric for the night sky and mountains...  The glittery fabric makes up the stars and the hand-dyed fabric provided the mountains.  You can bet that I did a little happy dance!




All I needed were a few trees, a lake and a moon. I was able to get the layout done, along with getting them stitched down while Dave ran a quick errand in town to pick up some supplies for our recent kitchen project...  



And when he had to run back to the hardware store because of a change in plans, I was able to get stitch in the wording.




God made the ocean and the mountains,
the moon and the stars;
and you!



I don't know about you, but some days I need this reminder!

Thankfully, the kitchen project is nearly done and I have had ample opportunity to get back into my studio and get caught up!  




Thanks to my freezer meals I was still able to sneak away... even if it was only for 10-15 minutes at a time!


When life gets a little crazy for you and you only have 10 minutes to sew or quilt, what sort of project do you work on?

Leave a comment.  I love to communicate with my readers. :)

Quilt Happy,

Melva
Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series


Linking with:

Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Monday Making at Love, Laugh Quilt
Movin' It Forward Monday at Em's Scrapbag
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Work in progress On Wednesday at Esther's Quilting blog
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
UFO Busting at Tish's Wonderland
Colour & Inspiration at Clever Chameleon Quilting
What I Made Monday at Pretty Piney
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts







5 comments:

  1. In 10 or 15 minutes, I only get my sewing area cleaned off but then that means the next time I will have time and space to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually sew if I only have 10 or 15 minutes but I do usually have something around that needs pressing so I do that. I really like the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with your ability to balance life and quilting. The recipe looks delicious. Your mini is very uplifting and a great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed you were able to use such small snippets of time. I need to do that, but find it takes me that long to work out what I am going to do next!

    ReplyDelete