Sunday, March 17, 2019

A Time For All Seasons - A Wee Bit of Ireland



March's blocks for A Time for All Season block of the month is from Carol at Just Let Me Quilt and features shamrocks and a Wee Bit of Ireland...  




I went with a perfectly planned block and a completely scrappy block.  In all honesty, I like the look of my scrappy block better than the planned block... an example of lack of contrast.  My background fabric is not a great enough contrast with my light green fabric.  


As I pieced these blocks I was waiting to hear from my brothers-in-law that a special surprise had arrived in their mail boxes.  (Dave is on the far right)  One of them took over two weeks... **sigh**






We don't normally do impulse purchases from promotional fliers we receive in the mail.  But this seemed just too perfect for these >> brothers...

Fortunately, their service was excellent and fast, and their prices reasonable. It could have turned out much worse... whew!  (I will probably re-think any future impulses a little more and research the company.)


I shared in my Bells of Ireland post in January for the 2019 Color Challenge that Dave's family has an Irish heritage and that these guys come by the blarney naturally.  


There are always shenanigans, blarney and Malarkey when these four are together!







Slowly, the messages of thanks came...  

Each one as unique as they are and the beer of their choice...

Now the boys can have a beer together, even though they are miles apart!  


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Piece Happy,

Melva





There are lots of Irish blessings... do you have a favorite?  Leave a comment and let me know.  I love to hear from my readers. :)


Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series



Linking with:

Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Moving It Forward Monday at Em's Scrapbag
BOMs Away at What A Hoot Quilts
A Time For All Seasons March blocks at Sew Incredibly Crazy
Works In Progress at Silly Mama Quilts
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
WOW at Esther's Blog
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter


3 comments:

  1. You can play up the boundaries of the shamrock with quilting if the contrast doesn't show it enough right now. As for Irish Blessings, I really, really like this one:
    May the blessing of light be on you—
    light without and light within.
    May the blessed sunlight shine on you
    and warm your heart
    till it glows like a great peat fire.

    May your home be filled with laughter
    May your pockets be filled with gold
    And may you have all the happiness
    Your Irish heart can hold.

    May your blessings outnumber
    The Shamrocks that grow
    And may trouble avoid you
    Wherever you go.

    May the lilt of Irish laughter lighten every load, may the mist of Irish magic shorten every road, may you taste the sweetest pleasures that fortune ere bestowed, and may all your friends remember all the favors you are owed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love May the road rise up to meet you. It's the one I'm most familiar with, and the one that appeared in several places throughout my home. When I hear it sung by a choir I break down in tears remembering my dad, who certainly was full of shenanigans, blarney, and malarkey! Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog post about "A Time for All Seasons." Your creative and crafty projects are truly inspiring and showcase your talent and passion.
    https://www.promocodehq.com/blog/winco-free-turkey/

    ReplyDelete