Sunday, March 17, 2024

Be Still ~ Sew & Tell ~ March 18, 2024


Did you hear that Colorado had a big ol' snowstorm.  Feet!  Yes, FEET of snow... but not by us.  We got 10 inches of the wet, heavy stuff.  Here's a collage of the progression.  The final satellite image was something I saw on the internet about the storm... and then I discovered that it was actually from 5 years ago and a huge windstorm.


Dave and I had planned ahead and loaded as much as we could into the camper before it was muddy and sloppy wet.  All dry goods, clothing, bedding, etc., were loaded in on Wednesday morning before the storm started on Wednesday evening.  All remaining items were loaded Saturday morning before we pulled out.

Left top: 8:30 a.m.; Left bottom:  10:30 a.m.; Right top:  11:30 a.m. and the last shot of our yard was at 12:30 p.m.  It continued to snow until evening, but the heaviest accumulation had passed.  

While it was snowing on Thursday and causing the electricity to blink off and on, (while I was working on the computer...NOT good) I decided to go sit and slow-stitch.  I finished my second paper embroidery piece.  And let the words of the picture soak in.  


With that, I'll say... 


Talk amongst yourselves while Dave and I are unplugged.  
Love on and encourage one another by making a visit to the other party guests.  Be sure to leave a comment so that they know you stopped by.

Keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with:


7 comments:

  1. Safe travels, where did you decide to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are in aurora just down from DIA and the report said it was 17" but standing on the ground looked more like 10-12. It's mostly water now with the sun. Standing backyard lakes
    I am intrigued by your paper embroidery, and it's the hardest thing to do stand still and be.
    LeeAnna notafraidofcolor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby has a vacation next month. The plan is to bring the camper to the little town here where I will still need to babysit, and setting it up at the RV Park. I really hope that works out! Say no to snow! They are calling for snow this weekend in Kansas. How dare the weather do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow but I'm done with it at this point so we'd better not get any here in KS! As it is, I'll need to cover some things out in the garden just to be safe. Enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That is some more snow. Glad you didn't have the feetm but just the inches!! Your paper embroidery is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete