Sunday, August 27, 2023

R&R ~ Sew & Tell ~ August 28, 2023


I have to say that the love, support and kind messages and comments that I received last week certainly made the bruised and battered feelings that I had last week were nearly washed away... like balm for a wound.  Thank you!


Our time away was sweet, one day too short (in my opinion), but sweet.  It was a secluded site with a creek, which I just loved... but the seclusion was a bit disappointing for Dave since he likes to watch and talk to people as they walk or drive by.  He is such an extrovert! lol.


I enjoyed the lack of distractions as I continued reading and researching for possible future sew along events and did some slow stitching on a few quilted hearts..


I even found a heart of my own... a message from God reminding me that even when it feels as though it may feel like the world is against me, He is not.

As we returned back to the "real world" I began my quest to recover my personal fb account... with no luck.  In fact, the message I get when I try to log in or reset my password is that my account was disabled because it did not comply with community standards and the decision to disable it could NOT be reversed.  Gee, thanks!

Dave made an attempt with a phone call to some fb tech support number he found, but after a 15-minute call, which we thought we were actually making progress, we were disconnected.  I did manage to reactivate Dave's account and took down his business page (the source of the whole issue!).  I am over it... 


So... I returned to my studio to make a dozen file holder/tool rolls that I sell to local gunsmithing students at the beginning of each semester.  It is some mindless sewing that passed the time away.  I have made so many of them over the years, that I think I could make them in my sleep. 😉

I'll be continuing my therapy in the studio this week by pulling out a box of blocks that came from my customer earlier the year.  As well as bringing a new mini-quilt idea to reality.



That's all I have to share this week.  Let's take a look at this week's featured quilt by Bonnie at In Stitches with Bonnie

Bonnie had three wonderful finishes that she shared with us.  

But this is the cheerful quilt that captured my attention... "it will be going with a therapist who is working with Ukrainian children in Romania."  

You can get all of the details in her post by following the link above if you want to make and donate a quilt or two.

It is time for the new party to begin!  Bring all of your projects... I want to see all of them because... well, I'll have extra time since I'm not on Facebook now. 😂

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m


15 comments:

  1. Melva, that's great that you could get away with your favorite guy for a fresh breather! I hope your mom is making it through her medical situations okay now. Those hearts and file folders sound like great de-stress sewing! Have a good week coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Thank you for sharing my quilt. As I was looking at it I thought, Melva made a Happy Quilt too. And then I noticed the apples and la cross sticks and realized it was my quilt! It might be too late to send quilts now as they all have to be in by August 31. I'm hoping Patricia does some more things like this as it feels so wonderful to provide a quilty hug for some kids who really need to feel the care we send with our quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful, peaceful place - so glad you got to get away! I'm with you on the seclusion - that is the perfect trip IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your time away was relaxing and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed your time away and that it was peaceful for you after your previous week. Even though we have a very independent daughter, if she were to need something we'd be there in a heartbeat! Parenting really does never stop. I'm grateful to be able to help her out with the kiddos. I hope you are refreshed and ready to move into a new week and your mom and daughter are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your FB acct - that is frustrating!!!!
    But so glad you had some recovery time - and those hearts - too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to read about your FB account. I have heard the same thing from other people I know and eventually it turned out that the account was not deleted or removed. Not sure if this would be the same for you as it the other cases it was spam emails trying to create havoc.
    I visited you via End of August Craftastic Monday Link Party
    I linked up this week with = 62+63. This is a friendly reminder and invitation to come and join us at SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find the linkup information under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a relaxing time away - hubby and I are going tomorrow night for a few days glamping.. I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for joining on on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melva! Wow. That was some week that you shared last week. Yikes. Shingles?!! That should not even be an option for someone who is 83. It should be outlawed - I've had it and it is no fun. I'm not one bit surprised that you received lots of support from your readers. My experience with quilters has been nothing but supportive and helpful. You deserve an extra {{hug}} for sure. Ugg about FB and it's annoying, too. Your vacay sounds like just what you needed (and I like to chat with people like Dave!). That you saw an unexpected heart just for you doesn't surprise me one bit either. He always has you. Always. Your faith is strong and while you might feel overwhelmed, He never gives you more than you can handle. I hope you're doing well. {{Hugs}} a bunch for you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your FB problems but happy you were able to de-stress in a peaceful setting. Love the hearts that you made and that you found one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you found some peace at least. That location looks so lovely! Love the little hearts you leave for others. I bet they bring comfort. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/30/wednesday-wait-loss-343

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chomping at the bit to take the first camping trip!! Hubby hasn't tagged or insured the camper yet, nor has he went to the RV place to have the hitch and rails put into the bed of the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well... just what is he waiting for??? lol ;) We have lots of storage in our camper as well. A few tips. 1) Store heavier things in lower cabinets. With all of the jostling and bumping that happens in travel, these things can fall out of cabinets or counter tops easily. One couple had damage from a crockpot falling out of a top cabinet. The crockpot and the floor were damaged. 2) You don't have to have all of the storage space filled when you leave. Be sure to leave some space for the collection of souvenirs you find in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure have had a lot going on, WOW. I went and read all about your Mom and daughter. I'm sure glad that things are more calm now. I had someone hijack my FB account too. I started a new one with tougher privacy settings and only accpect friend requests from people I know or are familiar with. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Melva, those are great hearts! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete