Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Wayward Wednesday

It all started on Monday morning at Bible Study when a friend asked where I had gotten the small bag I used to carry my Bible and study book...  I stated that I had made it, and soon I had several ladies asking if they could purchase one.


Of course, the answer was "Yes".  

(In case you were not aware, this is just one way in how "Squirrel" or DrEAMI (DRop Everything And Make It) projects happen.)  

I had to get started on them right away since there is only one more session of the study.  After pulling out fabric for a few of them, I thought that I would make a few extra, so that they had options.  LOL!  At first I thought I would make three... and then I thought "I'll make a few more and stop once I have no more fabric for them... When I finally made myself stop, I had parts cut for six bags, as well as more fabric, but knew I NEEDED to stop!


All the while, knowing that I really should have been working of the Ribbon and Lace Quilt... Thankfully, the bags are quick to make (unlike those memory bears 😉) and I had them ready to go in just a day... well, with all the other chores of the household that needed to be done, 1-1/2 days.  But actual time to make the five bags was about 6 hours.  

The pattern was a free pattern, Pick-a-Pocket Purse from All People Quilt.

Sooooo... that's why I haven't touched the Ribbon & Lace Quilt.  Well, that and the fact that we are taking off for a weekend get-away of camping.  We're not sure exactly where we will go, but we do know, without a doubt, we ARE going.

Maybe, just maybe, I will get to that quilt now... in between planning and prepping meals (and prepping kits for my hand-sewing blocks for our camping journal quilt) for the weekend and loading up the camper.  OOOOH, I am super excited to be going.  

Have you had any DrEAMI projects capture demand your attention this week?  

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!

Be blessed and keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Monday Musings at Songbird Designs
This & That at Days Filled with Joy
Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do
To Do Tuesday at Quilt Schmilt
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese 
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Free-Motion Mavericks at Quilting & Learning
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts

m




14 comments:

  1. How nice of you to drop everything and make bags for your ladies! They look perfect for bible study. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bags are lovely!! I did do a squirrel this week, I had 3 of my MILs orphan blocks that I'd saved. I finally made them into mug/table mats. Nice to have a piece of her around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby showed people in my Bible study the covered notebooks I make and a few wanted them made for their study books, so I know how that goes. Nice bags....wish I would have thought of making a bag for my Bible before spending the money on one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to jump right in and get those done! Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely bags! I love the combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for showing us the great little bags. I checked out the pattern and made 2 already! Very addictive. Would share my photo if I knew how! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to sell bags - carry one you made! Those ladies will be thrilled with what you made, so cute. Those "not sure where we're going" trips are the BEST - have fun! I've had no squirrels distract me this week, but my door is always open. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bags are adorable. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun, and a great way to sell bags! Thanks for sharing on MM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love your bags - sometimes you just need to pause on a big project and get the satisfaction of completing a small project. What a fun quick pattern! The ladies will love them. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What super great bags!!and how sweet to move them to the top!! I would be excited about camping too - hope you pick and share it with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely bags and great to have a good reason to be making them! My squirrel project this week began with the news of the birth of our first grandchild! How else could I respond but with the making of a quilt? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that is a perfect squirrel project! I hope you had a wonderful camping trip.. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What cute bags... I've never made a bag but checked out the pattern and have saved these to my to do bookmarks. I have more squirrels than not. I was working on one quilt but decided I wasn't really in the mood to work on that so I picked up a different work in progress...and worked on that for a while. I figure it's better to work on something than to work on nothing because I can't decide what to work on, which I do fairly often.
    Thanks for sharing your bags and the pattern to them.

    ReplyDelete