Sunday, May 7, 2023

Sew & Tell Party~ May 8, 2023


Our escape for the weekend was wonderful and all that we had hoped it would be.  We were camping in the Cimarron Canyon State Park, located between Cimarron and Eagle Nest, New Mexico.  There was no cell service which allowed us to truly unplug and enjoy nature.  The campground was quiet, despite the fact that a scout troop was there for an overnight. 

We saw bison, antelope, and deer on the drive to the campground and we saw turkey and blue jays in our campsite... Dave tried his hand at fly fishing again at the small lake.  He had a few nibbles but was unsuccessful in getting one to shore.  I sat and watched him as I stitched a few quilted hearts and a postcard block for our camping journal quilt.  (I'll be giving an update about our camping journal quilt soon since I have completed two rows that will be top border.)


We enjoyed a hike up to an open meadow that overlooked a portion of the canyon and left a little quilted heart hanging on an old fencing corner.  Each night we retired to bed a little earlier than we do at home and read ourselves to sleep.  Shelby enjoyed the trip as well.


By the time we left Friday morning, I had been able to get 17/30 of the ribbon and lace blocks fully quilted.  I'll continue to quilt away on it this week... after I attend the final session of Bible Study and deliver a few bags to the ladies that requested them. 




This week's Sew & Tell feature is Patricia at Faith, Trust and Breast Cancer... She shared this adorable little kitten patch that she made at a class

Your turn for Sew & Tell!  Show us all what you worked on last week.  

Did you run into squirrels like I did?

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy’s Quilts
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Musings at Songbird Designs
Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do
To Do Tuesday at Quilt Schmilt
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Free-Motion Mavericks at Quilting & Learning
m


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect getaway!!!! and how pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your getaway sounds perfect! You're lucky to live in an area where you have your choice of beautiful getaway areas. I love that you leave those quilted hearts - what a treasure and good vibes passed around. I just enjoyed doing things at my own pace this week and was tempted by at least one squirrel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting, Melva. NM is one of my favorite states to camp. I hope you enjoy every minute of it and look forward to hearing more about your adventures. Stay safe and enjoy. Happy camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a perfect getaway Melva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your vacation was a lot of fun! Love the heart you left on the trail. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melva, thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks! Your quilted heart and bags are lovely. I'm glad that you were able to unplug and that it was quiet at the park. It's one of the reasons that I've stopped going to parks - they are great but there is usually too many noisy people. I love the quiet when I'm out in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always good to get away. I love your quilted heart. I really must do at least one this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun heart Melva! Glad you had a great vacation. It's really cool you left that heart on the trail. Love the bags! Thanks for sharing with us on MM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Melva! Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog! I loved making that little kitty and plan to make more patches! I guess I forgot to click "publish" when I visited this post last time.

    ReplyDelete