Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sew & Tell ~ April 3, 2023


 What a busy and productive week!  

I Finished the green twin quilt...



Corrected, re-proofed and uploaded The Pieces from the Santa Fe Quilt book...

AFTER I accidentally deleted my Pieces From the Past Book that I had printed almost 2 years ago.  Ugh.  BUT... both are back in place and I have a new proof of each coming my way.

Finished two mini-quilts...


Last week's used a piece of practice smocking.  You can get more details here...


This week's mini is another 5" x 7" and came from a collection of orphan blocks I got several years ago.  I used match-stick quilting and variegated thread for this one.


Prepped nearly a dozen "quilted hearts".  We have started talking of camping and I want to be ready with plenty of hand-sewing. 


I finished a baby quilt that my daughter started years ago... like 9 or 10 years ago.  She spent spring break cleaning house and purging of all the stuff that was not needed anymore.  

Along with this quilt, another WIP for a t-shirt quilt of her shirts from college came my way.

This little quilt needed a few more lines of quilting and the binding.  I'll return it to her and she will have a very nice gift for the next baby that needs some love to wrap around them.


And lastly, I embroidered all of my new "sign" blocks for our Camping Journal quilt and added a few of the blocks to the existing top border.

Whew...  What a week!

This week will probably not be quite as productive... I will lose an entire day taking my Mom for an allergy appointment and another to make it to a planning meeting for an event to be held at the end of the month.  


Time is running short for me right now... I need to clean house before our dinner guests arrive so if you want to take a look at what was shared last week go hereGretchen has continued with the quilting of her Lady Jane quilt, Alycia gave a tutorial on making the Spinning Goose blocks she is making for her rainbow scrap quilt, and Vicki and Kris shared some scrappy finishes.  Go check them all out!

Your turn!  Show us all what you have been doing.  I know I would love to see... as I am sure everyone else is interested as well.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy’s Quilts
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Musings at Songbird Designs
This & That at Days Filled with Joy
Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do
To Do Tuesday at Quilt Schmilt
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese 
Free-Motion Mavericks at Quilting & Learning
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
m


12 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what is involved in writing a book. Have a great week with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did have a great week moving lots of projects to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so busy and productive last week! I didn’t quilt, but I did sew this! Next will be sandwiching and finishing my last senior quilt for this year. Hopefully that will be ready for next week’s Show and Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have had a busy week, and sounds like another to come. How nice of you to finish quilts for your daughter. Isn't it fun to start "talking of camping"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good week to me. Ah, talking of camping ... wish I were. LOL Sometime, maybe I'll get to again. At least I get a vacation with my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week you had, Melva! That Green Twin Quilt is beautiful. And I love the minis! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melva your week WAS incredibly productive! So much done and some finishes. Love the little mini! Thank you for hosting us and in advance for linking with To Do Tuesday. 😁 Carol
    QuiltSchmilt@gmail.com
    https://quiltschmilt.ca/2023/04/03/my-weekly-recap-to-do-tuesday-135/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melva, you've been really busy! It's great to see all that you've been doing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it was a busy and productive week! Wow! Congrats on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful projects, and a busy week! It's always nice to see projects coming along ;)
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a productive week with lots of finishes. Wow! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell linkup, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/04/05/wednesday-wait-loss-322

    ReplyDelete