Sunday, March 26, 2023

Spring is in the Air ~ Sew & Tell


Welcome to my weekly Sew & Tell party... and welcome to the hint of spring!

This week's mini-quilt (#12/52) found me using a sweet little smocked heart that was in with all the orphan blocks I have been foraging through lately. 💜


It was the perfect match in size and color for this small piece of fabric that had been hanging out on the corner of my cutting mat.  

I have noticed robins in the yard, the grass turning green and small buds about to burst open on our flaming maple trees.  They all need to careful though... there is still a chance for big snowfall... even into May! 


It has been several weeks since our return from our beach adventure and I am getting a longing to go somewhere again... Since we need to spend a little time here on the Homefront and get a bit of work done, I spent one day making a few blocks for our Camping Journal Quilt... you can read the whole story of them here.

Last week's partygoers shared lots of inspirations and updates. Here's a quick look at just a few...


Andrée shared her Project Quilting project with a flower representing "overcoming fear"...


Donna shared another pretty pink flower...


And Turid shared her amazing Colorwash quilt... which could put a big dent in my scrap bin.

But my dream of that will simply be put in my memory bank since I need to turn my focus back to finishing the remaining quilts from my customer... 2/8 have been returned finished...

Here's her reaction from receiving them....

Oh my gosh !!  Just opened the box and they are beautiful !!  Perfect !!  You are amazing !!!!  Mom would be so happy !!!  Thank you so much !!!  I can’t wait to see the others.   These are just fantastic !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you !! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


There are three more done and ready to be sent off this week. This week I will finish quilt #6... a fraternal twin of this one, but with white sashing strips.

I will be getting my proofread copy of the Pieces of theSanta Fe Trail book back this week as well.  So, one of the tasks I will tackle is getting the document properly formatted so that I can upload and get moving forward with the printing of it..  This is pretty exciting, yet a wee bit scary since I am not working with any grant funds for this project.  It is fully funded privately... The minimum limit for getting a bulk order discount increased from 100 to 200 and the actual printing cost has increased.  I am trusting that everything will be fine. Afterall, everything else has come together for it. A step in faith is required...


My next mini will again include a piece of smocking and a few small bits that had been cut out of fabric intended for applique.  I'm not sure that what I create will be what anywhere near what the quilter had intended for these pieces, but I am looking forward to some slow stitching.  I used one piece of smocking as a label for a quilt...

Do your quilts get labeled?  
What sort of label do you use?  
What sort of information do you include?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you.  

And don't forget to join the Sew & Tell Party!

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Musings at Songbird Designs
This & That at Days Filled with Joy
Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do
To Do Tuesday at Quilt Schmilt
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter

m


6 comments:

  1. you are super busy!!! And yes - Spring.. it will get here right? ( we are getting snow right now haha!!)
    I love the idea of your Journal quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little mini quilt is so sweet! And the quilts you are finishing sound amazing. Your client is obviously pleased. Congrats on getting your book to the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable mini quilt! The heart is so perfect with that fabric. You are getting these customer quilts done so fast! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/03/29/wednesday-wait-loss-321

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little heart block Melva. It is fun to find good uses for those orphan blocks. Thank you for hosting Sew and Tell and for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your mini this week, Melva! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete