Friday, August 19, 2022

Hanna's First Year - Friday Finished Top

I have a Friday Finish... um, of sorts.  I have Hanna's First Year Quilt all together and with borders!  


I have sandwiching, quilting and binding to do for it to be fully finished, but this week, at this time, at this place... I believe in celebrating baby steps, or phases/stages. 

I have a couple other projects I need to turn my focus to over the weekend..  like a little squirrel project that popped up.


We have been doing a few small projects in the camper as we continue to make it "our own."  Since we turned the mattress in the sleeping area, the closet door wouldn't open.  We like having the bed in the position that it is but losing that storage space for our clothing (and not having a messy, open bag laying there, was really felt.



We took the closet door off, removed the rod and installed two shelves... This will allow for the space below the window to stay a bit tidier. 😊



We decided that a curtain to close it off was needed.

I will add a row of Double Flying Geese near the bottom of the closet curtain so that it matches the window coverings.

I'll be doing some meal planning and prep as well.  We are off for another great camping adventure.  We'll return to the Alvarado Campground in the National Forest a few hours from home.

We are just entering the best part of camping season!  Not too hot, not too cold, and less crowded (especially during the week now that school is back in session).  We'll be adding three more blocks (4 if you count the sign/location block) to our Camping Journal Quilt.  


Since I have been making our camping journal quilt, I find that I really pay attention to smaller details to possibly include.  We don't always have a wildlife sighting, or major landmark to include so sometimes I have to be creative.  And I don't want to have a campfire and aspen trees for every trip so some creativity is needed... But that's the fun of it!

If I get time after the closet curtain, I'll try to get Hanna's quilt sandwiched.  Come back on Monday for Sew & Tell to see if I get it accomplished. :)

What are you doing over the weekend?

Leave a comment!  I'd love to hear from you.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
UFO Busting at Tish’s Wonderland





7 comments:

  1. Great idea to take the door off and add the curtain! Your camper window curtain is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah's 1st year quilt is looking fabulous and love your camping journal quilt. I enjoy hearing so much about your camping adventures. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please think about adding the flying geese to the closet curtain at about the same level as the ones on the window curtain. This is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah's 1st Year Quilt is so cute! And what a great idea to have a camping journal quilt! We went up to Ruidoso during the week and it was so nice to avoid the weekend crowds. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Camping Journal Quilt is awesome. What a great idea! Paying closer attention to your surroundings while you travel is and extra bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that camping quilt journal!!! It is so amazing!! and the memories.... so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love Hanna's First Year Quilt, so cute! Your Journal quilt is wonderful too, it's all about details and souvenirs, it's a beautiful idea.
    Thank you for sharing these beauties!

    ReplyDelete