Friday, April 8, 2022

Orphan's Quilting Finally Finished!

📣It is official!  The Orphan Quilt's quilting is finally finished.

Sometime the best laid plans are set aside... My original plan was to get the big-stitch quilting completed while on our trip across Texas & Louisiana.  I got some done, but I was enjoying the scenery of the new territory for us to get much done.  

And the distractions of our beach activities 
while on the beach kept me from it as well.  It didn't help that I had failed to get all of the quilting lines marked on it before we left on our trip.  I added a few lines with some creative use of a tape measure and a colored pencil while at "Deer Camp" and then again at the beach... 

None the less... IT. IS. FINISHED!

“I will not leave you orphaned...  you’re about to come alive. ~ John 14:18-19

It had been March's One Month Goal... I didn't quite make it... I'm just a few days late. 🤷

I love it... And it is more than I ever could have imagined.

Here are a few pics...


I love the texture!

I've said it before...
I love the stained-glass look of the back


And here's a little slide show that includes ALL of the photos I took.


Which one of the pictures do you like best?  

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!

I hope that some sort of inspiration has touched you... whether a quilty inspiration or a spiritual or emotional realization...

Perhaps you will pick out a UFO that was abandoned because it wasn't going as planned, or you simply lost interest in it.  Maybe you'll want to give big-stitch quilting a try.  Or maybe you have been feeling lost in life, or feeling unworthy, or whatever... This quilt has helped Dave and I realize that while we are on a "sabbatical" from any sort of ministry and feeling we are "without a church home" for a season, we are not orphans!

As Easter Sunday approaches may you realize, like us, something magnificent is on the horizon!

“I will not leave you orphaned...  
you’re about to come alive. ~ 
John 14:18-19

Keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with: 

Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
 

5 comments:

  1. Your orphans turned out beautifully together! I think my favorite photo is the one showing a kind of stained glass effect against the backdrop of the mountain. But I love the ones showing your stitches too. That is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty finish for those orphan blocks, and a lovely post as well! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great, Melva! I love all the pics, but I think the last one with the wagon wheel is my fave! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out wonderful!!!! What fun to see al those blocks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made two of these orphan block type quilts so far. I also used leftovers from strip piecing and mistakes. I made it kind of crazy quilt fashion and I love it! So sorry you are without a church home at this time. Windering if with your experience you might try a home Bible study group although you do say you are kind of in inistry sabbatical. I know for me church community is my ground; I hope you are in a community when the Lord leads. Love what you do in quilts!

    ReplyDelete