Thursday, April 21, 2022

Another Custom Friday Finish

I am on a roll!  Another week and another finish!  Woohoo!

The fabric for the backing arrived on Monday and on Tuesday I quickly got to working getting the various "left over" t-shirt bits that didn't make it into the top.  The recipient of this quilt is a music lover and guitar player and the musical print fabric allowed for the many random seams without being disruptive to the print pattern.



The 4-inch square on point is my standard quilting for quilts like this... allowing for the t-shirts to be the star of the show.  There was certainly no lack of shirt graphics to be used in this quilt.  As I mentioned in a previous post... Mom has been saving clothing items for this since the time he was born!  This includes the nursing gown and scrubs that she and Dad wore in the hospital at the time of birth and were used as the sashing strips and border. 

There were pre-school shirts, a HS 1/2 Marathon shirt, lots of favorite band and "concert" shirts and many more assorted items.


With this quilt complete that means I have the whole weekend to work on the blocks for our Camping Journal Quilt.  I'll share with you on my Monday musings post about the progress for that.  

What will you be doing this weekend?  

Leave a comment to let me know.

Keep Piecing!

Melva

Linking with:

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate


7 comments:

  1. oh how fun!! all those amazing memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun memory filled quilt, great job Melva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt! I'm amazed all the shirts that were saved. How old is the recipient? You did a marvelous job.
    We will be getting the house ready for our daughter and grands to come on Saturday for burgers and a visit. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melva! What a great finish you share today. You seem to make quite a few t-shirt quilts, so I'll bet you have it down to a science by now. Gosh, could you have possibly have selected a better backing for this quilt??!! The musical notes are just PERFECT. What a wonderful gift of favorite memories this quilt is. I am 100% certain it will be well received and well-loved! Thanks so much for linking up for TGIFF. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing that magnificent t-shirt quilt! We are expecting a blizzard, complete with 12-24 " of snow. I will be working on Pieces in the Garden.. I have 2 tiny Friendship starts and 2 Bachelor Blocks. Plus a label for my Table Scraps Challenge Pink and Words. If we lose power, I'll read. I don't anticipate that. We rarely lose power during storms here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun quilt and a great finish. The backing fabric is perfect. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful T-shirt quilt! A lot of memories in there. I like the quilting design, great idea to make large squares.
    This weekend, this is the final step for the French presidential elections, so I'm going to vote!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete