Wednesday, March 2, 2022

March OMG and IGQuiltFest2022


Have you heard the news?  March is National Quilting Month!  This event is being celebrated all over Instagram in the #IGQuiltFest2022 hosted by Amy Ellis at @Amyscreativeside.  Quilters from around the world kicked off the event with introductions yesterday and "First Quilt" today.

Each day features a prompt and quilters are encouraged to be creative (yet honest) in their responses.

It is sure to be a good time!  you can follow me by clicking on the highlighted word above or follow the entire event by clicking on the hashtag above.

❧ I will be working on scheduling most of the daily prompts since we will be on the road for a good portion of that time... 


⦿
Which brings me to my March One Month Goal...  FINISH the quilt!

 In the next week I'll be getting my Orphan Quilt sandwiched and machine quilt the hanging diamond grid 4" apart as well as a scrappy binding.  I will do the hand-quilting (Big Stitches with variegated thread) in between the 4" lines while on the road.

Since we now have a target day for the departure of trip, I'll be focused on making sure I have quick and easy meals planned (crockpot meals pre-cooked and frozen with the proper serving amounts), getting the camper's pantry refilled and getting enough "activities" to keep me occupied as we drive.  This will include snacks, audio books, a design/sketch book and colored pencils as well as the afore mentioned hand quilting. 

What do you do to pass the time as you travel?

Leave a comment...  I'd love to hear from you.  Maybe you have some audio book suggestions. 😏

Keep Piecing!

Melva

P.S.

Since I am releasing the pattern for Row 2 of the Pieces in the Garden Sew Along, I'm going to cover my Thankful Thursday items here...





The chance to spend a day with our granddaughters as they did some on-line schooling since the heating system at their school was being repaired.  

This is Emma... Maggie was still at the kitchen table doing schoolwork.  When she was finished, Grandpa took the big girls to the park and for ice cream.  




Baby snuggles and watching as Hanna played, giggled and laughed with Grandpa.




It has been waaaaaaaaaay too long since we had last seen these kiddos and it was refreshing to have a day off and spend time with them.  💗


Linking with:

One Month Goal at Elm Street Quilts
 



No comments:

Post a Comment