Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thankful Thursday 3/10/2022

We are to be thankful in all circumstances... not thankful FOR all things/circumstances.  It's an attitude of gratitude and trusting that ALL things will work out.  And as Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us reminds me each week... “From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another.” John 1:16


I am thankful for the moisture that is coming with the latest storm... but I don't need to be happy about the cold temps.  Right?  Ok, ok... enough of the whining. 


Among other things I am grateful for is technology.  Yeah... I was griping about technology a few weeks ago when our computer crashed.  BUT, thanks to technology I am able to get my #IGQuiltFest2022 posts scheduled for the remainder of the month.

And with a little patience with technology, I have been able to update the side bar of the blog with an email subscription sign-up.  If you don't want to miss a pattern release or any other riveting or exciting posts (like this one!), simply go over to the right side and type in your email address and click the subscribe button.  

Last year when feedburner's email subscription quick working, I... well, I ignored it.  I did look into options, but it was all so confusing.  I followed along with a few other bloggers that were trying to figure it out as well and then set the issue aside.  

But when the simple request from a reader for another option besides bloglovin', pushed me to look again.  And...woohoo!  I found an option and had it up in less than an hour.  So... go sign up!  You'll never miss another story/article.

Honestly?  Right now, I feel like I could conquer some of the most challenging of life's mountains.  Not that I really want to... We've had enough of that for the past month.  I feel as though the cloud has lifted and we are ready to move forward!

I am marking things off of my To-Do list left and right and getting ready for our trip. 
  Patterns are being written and tested... and a photoshoot is going to happen today!  

Did you see the Bow Blocks that have been linked up?  Well done Karen & Kathy!

I know that Linda has her blocks started.  And a few others (sorry, I can't remember all of you) have started theirs as well.  (Aren't they pretty???)  I am a visual person and have a better memory recall if I see the blocks on a blog or on social media.  Be sure to tag me or use the hashtags so that I can follow your progress. :) #PiecesInTheGarden #Piecesinthegardensewalong #Piecesinthegardenrowquilt #TeaTimeWithTT

Bows by Karen

Bows by Kathy


Bows in progress by Linda

I am excited to have a new project in the future... a new memory quilt for a soon-to-be high school graduate.  This Mom has been planning for such a quilt for about 16 years!  She has shirts from the little guy's preschool days as well as a few from HS events.  She even had the forethought to save the gown that she wore in the hospital for his birth!  How cool is that???  But that all will sit in its bin under my cutting table until we return.

I'll continue working with technology to get several stories scheduled to publish while we are off playing and relaxing... did I tell you how thankful I am for that?  LOL

What are you thankful for today?  

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!

Count Your Blessings,

Melva

Linking with:

Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts

3 comments:

  1. how interesting!! thanks so much Melva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great reminder, to be thankful in all circumstances. Thank you. I needed that reminder tonight. You have some lovely blocks posted! I understand the computer woes. My widgets are all messed up, and I'm ignoring it. I don't have the mental bandwidth to deal with it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for life, liberty, freedom and a hundred or more other things.

    ReplyDelete