Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Happy Two's Day!

What a unique day!  2/22/22... that falls on a Tuesday!  How 'bout we celebrate with two tu-tus?

Below is our oldest granddaughter on her first birthday, sporting her fluffy tutu with pride.

This picture brings a big smile to my face every time.  She has always been a bit of a daredevil... there was no telling her to sit down in that rocking chair.  Five grandparents stood there holding our breath hoping that she would not topple off.  She did not and was quite proud of that too!


As I was completely absorbed in the studio, I was able to successfully complete blocks 3 & 4 of the Pieces in the Garden Row Quilt.  


Those tiny 1" finished 4-patch blocks were fun to match up and make different color combinations.

I am looking forward to being able to share a full reveal.

Row 2 and another conversation about Tressie's childhood friends will be published on March 3rd.  So, there is still time to get the pattern and make up 12 Bow blocks before the "Block Parade" link up closes at midnight, March 2nd.

Remember, the randomly chosen winner will receive a special tea selection from Cornerstone Tea Company!


I had a special story last week that featured a few of my Mom's favorite memories of her mother to celebrate what would have been Grandma's 107th birthday.  The special discount code to get 15% off an order with Cornerstone Tea Company can be found there too!

During breaks of playing with my scraps and sewing I cleaned my cutting mat and machine.  It was tricky getting my large mat into the tub since it didn't fit in there flat, but it was worth the extra effort of frequent shifting to properly clean and moisturize.  While I was at it, I changed my rotary cutter blade.  

❧  I'm ready to go for a few more weeks of piecing.  I have nothing new on the horizon other than prepping steps for the next two blocks for the BOM event at the LQS...  I'll be teaching them about the Our Country block, which has some very simple foundation paper piecing, and the Basket of Diamonds block.


❧  ... and more tiny blocks for the Garden Quilt.  (Sorry, I don't have much I can show you. 😔)


❧  I may take a look again at my Orphan Quilt since the orphans from Roseanne arrived.  I really should take a serious look since it was my One Month Goal project.   Hmmmm....

I am a little betwixed about how to incorporate them on the long sides and make them look like they weren't an afterthought.  

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?  Cutting or "unsewing" to make smaller sections is an option... What do you think???

Keep piecing!

Melva

Linking with:

Tuesday To-Do at Texas Quilt Gal
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation




4 comments:

  1. Hi Melva! Oh, that picture of your granddaughter at age one is just priceless! HA - we have a daredevil sweetheart, too. That tutu is just great. Your Pieces blocks are so darn cute! I'm glad the blocks arrived. Maybe cut them down or slice them into thirds like a disappearing block? I know you'll figure something out. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of your granddaughter. How old is she now? I'm going to gather information today on the Pieces in the Garden sewalong and try to at least get my fabrics together. I have to keep tamping down my distress over not being caught up by reminding myself that I was far behind on your last sewalong and managed to catch up!
    Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots done this week! Love the photo of your granddaughter. She's adorable in her little tutu. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete