Friday, February 25, 2022

A Finish is Close at Hand

While I WISH I could celebrate a Friday Finish, I have nothing of that sort to show... 😢 

I did get some of the new-to-me orphans "resized" and added to the sides of the quilt, and even feel that they blend, rather than looking out of place.  I successfully got the top to 60" wide, but the length is short of my 80" goal.


I still have a few more resized orphans and plan to add a few scrappy pineapple blocks to them.  

In the technology world, our new computer arrived on Wednesday.  This was two days earlier than had originally been stated. YEAH!!!   However, there is always a learning curve and new discoveries... Trying to get our email set up with Outlook was an adventure all its own.  

On top of this, we learned that there is no CD-ROM drive!  What??? Oh, and no new monitor.  Not that we needed one, but still.  We had asked the rep on the phone if we could save some money by not getting a monitor, keyboard and mouse... she told us we would only save about $15.  Okay... go ahead and include them in the quote.  Ummmm.... 😞  Whatever... I moved on.

"Whatever" is my new response to stressful situations.  It will all work out somehow, and it will probably look differently from what I think it should look like or be done.  So.... whatever.  I am choosing this new approach from Philippians 4:8...

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

I believe that I will have this top, which happened to be my One Month Goal for February, done just in the nick of time!  And if not... whatever.  See!  I'm doing good right???

We have had a cold FRIGID stretch of weather lately... But no snow of any sort for us.  (It was to the North and to the South, but nada here.)  We need the moisture desperately, but once the temps start to warm up next week, (predications of 60s by midweek) the lack of moisture means that the ground will be dry enough to use the tractor to pull the camper out from under the carport and load it on the truck!  OOOOOhhhhhh!  I am so excited for this to happen.

We have started a somewhat loose itinerary that includes the Space Center in Houston, Galveston, Lake Charles, Natchitoches, LA and more.  Louisiana is a new state for both of us.

Ideas and suggestions of places to see or visit and things to do are welcome!

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you.

Stay calm and keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate




5 comments:

  1. In our current world climate, you have picked the perfect verse. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever is a real good word, and sometimes it's the only answer ;) Your quilt top is growing nicely, great use of orphans!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melva, I never made that connection between the exasperated utterance "Whatever!" and Philippians 4:8, but I absolutely love it and that is a reminder that I DEFINITELY needed today. (Is there anything left in my house that HASN'T broken this month???). I love that sampler quilt you're working on. When you say it's "short" of the intended 80" length, do you mean you're inventing the layout as you go along rather than preplanning the whole thing? I am so impressed. If you haven't named that quilt yet, "Whatever!" would be the perfect name for it is lovely, admirable, and praiseworthy indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a new laptop last year and have been very disappointed that they no longer have CD drives. What are you supposed to do when all your back-up files are on CDs? Also, hate trying to learn new operating systems. I agree with you. Whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely orphan block quilt. You have done a beautiful job putting all those together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete