Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tuesday Check-in

 I see the light at the end of the tunnel!  And I am confident that it IS NOT a train coming to run me down. 😁


✔  The wedding quilt had its own personal photo shoot!  I met my One Month Goal for September and have it linked up.  You can see some details about it over on "Love Grows Here"



✔  The Softball T's top has been sandwiched and marked and ready for quilting!




✔ The Butterfly Garden quilt is also sandwiched, marked and ready to quilt! 

I am still dealing with final details of the book publishing and grants but I am hopeful that by the end of the day I will have those properly submitted to their respective homes and can turn my full focus back to quilting... at least for a short time.

❧  I hope to have these two quilts with binding ready for finishing by Friday.  I will then make the decision at that time whether I hand sew the binding or machine finish them.

Dave and I have discussed plans to sneak away and go camping after church on Sunday at a small national forest campground not far from us.  If this actually happens I will take them along as my hand-sewing projects.  The colors of the aspen leaves should be at their peak and I can almost feel the chill in the air (and my blood pressure coming down) as we relax.

We both realized after his return from his hunting (rifle-hiking) trip just exactly how tired and burned out we were... though I saw it and felt it leading up to his time away.  I recalled stating to him and to my friends "I feel like there is something terribly off in me, but I don't know what to do about it or how to fix it!"  

The problem was revealed with an appointment to my naturopath.  I had a deficiency of magnesium and the solution was a simple adjustment to my supplements!  In my brief research about such a deficiency, I discovered that I had been experiencing 8 out of 12 symptoms for weeks.  After just 48 hours on the new supplements I felt like a new woman! AHHHH-mazing!

❧  I'll be planning out the program for the Trinidad Historical Society featuring the POW letters and history of Camp Trinidad as well... but still guarding my newly re-established boundaries of "work"... but sometimes I have a hard time turning off my brain.  My plan to protect the boundaries is to simply make brief notes as thoughts come to mind and then set it aside.  I'll have Dave as my captive audience on our road trip to the wedding in Illinois is a few weeks so I can bounce ideas off of him then as I try to put everything into an order that makes sense.

❧  I need to get the next portion of the Santa Fe Trail Sew Along ready to go.  It is a difficult to fathom that this series is two-thirds done!  I have enjoyed seeing everyone's blocks.  Do you have a favorite so far? 

Tell me what you have been doing lately!  

I'd love to hear from you...

Stay Calm and Keep Quilting,

Melva

Linking with:

To Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal




6 comments:

  1. Oh, sneaking off for a camping trip! Good for you! I don't think I can name a favorite of the Santa Fe blocks, I like all of them for different reasons, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still LOVE that quilt photo in the flowers. Butterfly Garden looks pretty - the cornerstones really set it off. Camping sounds like fun! I'm so glad you figured out the magnesium shortage. My husband and I take 1000mg every day. I need to get moving on my Santa Fe Trail blocks now that my machine is back! My favorite of the 3 I've made so far is "all 3"! Although I am partial to Kit in the Corner.
    Thanks for linking with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holee cow - you have been busy!! love the wedding quilts photo shoot! and yes - I vote for camping too - and lots of photos of the leaves changing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melva! I've so glad to hear that you have figured why you were feeling so tired and out of sorts. Enjoy the weekend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a GREAT camping trip and enjoyed some walks in the forest to refresh your brain cells. Looking forward to the next Santa Fe Trail episode! If you shared it as a book I'd probably buy that book! I love books!

    ReplyDelete