Monday, September 13, 2021

Tests in Patience



Finally!  Finally... 60 hours later than had been originally planned. Two hunters pulled out of the driveway on their way for the muzzle loading season.  Delay after delay and change in plans after change in plans.  From a total cancellation to a salvage.  Is it it on?  Is it off?  Are you going? Are you not?  When?  What's the plan?  Are you taking the camper?  Are you going to be hiking in to camp? And the answer from Dave, which I grew very tired of hearing, was always "I don't know."  And every time I heard it my anxiety escalated. 

My mind and heart were immediately at ease when I finally got an answer other than I don't know.  The answer was I am loading the camper...  I snapped this picture as he was asking "are you happy now?"  I don't think he really understood what I was feeling... I even managed to get through our good bye without tears!  YES!  I am happier  now. 


The group went from five hunters down to two for a variety of reasons.  The one "left standing" had electrical issues with his truck that turned a 13+ hour drive into a 24 hour journey.  But finally... 60 hours later two great white hunters headed out.  




❧  And finally... I am ready to settle in and have a few quiet days before some friends come for a visit.  I am looking forward to some "therapy time" and the opportunity to finish the borders and binding of the wedding quilt.  

✔  But first, I had to get the truck into the shop for the electrical repair while they are out in the great wild.

Not much has changed since last week...


Before the chaos of the trip plans (or lack of plans) hit last week I did make some progress in the grant application.  I also had success in getting the "fatal errors" repaired in the .PDF file for the book.  Even though I will need to do it again since my proof-reader returned the rough draft but now I know where to go and how to do it.  I'll be working on the suggested changes and corrections, creating the index page and cover and getting the final touches on everything before uploading for printing.  This is SO exciting!  I'll keep you posted on the progress.

❧  I still need to start the t-shirt memory quilt for the college softball coach who recently lost his sister.  I did figure out the layout so when I am ready to start cutting out the graphics for the blocks I can roll quickly.

❧  Still in queue are two more quilt tops for my favorite and best customer. 


While I was trying my very best to enjoy the extra time I got with my guy because of the delays and hold myself together I had a great circle of support helping me keep it together.  Just as elephants can sense stress and reach out to comfort and caress the elephant in distress, I had friends spend a few hours with me to enjoy breakfast and at-home pedicures.

And I have another circle of friends that will be with me later this week.  

Just where would I be with out my friends???  I'm pretty sure I would be a puddle of mush probably sitting in a corner with the movie Message In A Bottle on replay for days on end. 

How about you?  
How do you help out a friend in distress?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you.

Keep piecing and stay peaceful,

Melva

Linking with:

Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
To Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Stitch Sew & Show at Life in the Scrap Patch

8 comments:

  1. Friend therapy is the best, isn't it? Sometimes it's the laughter, other times it's just hearing them say they understand. A listening ear. Your toes look lovely, by the way. Enjoy your time to recharge and refresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your view of the mountains is so pretty - love it! New Mexico? I'm glad you are enjoying your quiet days and a pretty pedicure. That glass of wine looks good. :D
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had friend therapy! Thankful I am married to my best friend so that helps. It is hard to just roll with it when plans keep changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melva! Oh gosh - it is stressful. Are you going to have peace and quiet - are you going to be able to quilt at all?!! I am glad they finally were able to head out, and that you got the truck in for repair. I just LOVE hearing about the book. The index is rather tedious - are you using Word to put it together? I can just imagine your grandparents smiling about all the fuss over them. They were just being good people. It's such a treasure and now it will be available forever for your grandchildren, etc. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melva,
    My yellow lab, Penny Lane, keeps me relaxed and unstressed. She is always happy and ready to be with me through whatever the day brings. Friends here, and on the phone, also are good sounding boards if I need one. Also, I try to start my day with reading the bible and prayer. I’m praying for you today, that your book details will get taken care of. You have done the hardest parts already and it will be such an accomplishment to have the book published. I’m proud of you. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful for you! I am going away for my retreat to rest and relax!! I am so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friends are the best! Your foot nails look very pretty ;) Enjoy wine and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the elephant analogy! Have fun therapy time with wine, quilting, and friends! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete