Monday, April 1, 2019

The Adventure Quilt - Navigation






Kate & Tammy are doing a great job with the Adventure Quilt Along and Road Trip Quilt...

This week's block (#9 of 12) has us direct our eyes toward the skies as travelers in the past used the stars to navigate their journey.

They offered plenty of options for the construction of these blocks - four in total.  They included special rulers, templates and foundation paper piecing.

I chose paper-piecing since my head has been a bit foggy lately as a result of an allergy flare up.  I haven't felt this bad in four years!  

The other day Dave came running in the house to tell me to look outside... only to discover a cloud of pollen rising in the air from all the cedar and pinon trees budding!





The paper-piecing didn't require me to over-think anything or be too concerned about points needing to match up perfectly, or the need to trim over-sized blocks to the correct size.

Our friends that have the Lazy J Goat Farm in Texas love to enjoy evenings outside under the stars... 


The stars at night are big and bright
Deep in the heart of Texas.

Yes, well, maybe... but I'm not sure they have had the opportunity to view the stars from the Colorado mountains!

John Denver understood...


But the Colorado rocky mountain high
I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky
The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullabye

Rocky mountain high (Colorado)

Either way...  whether on the plains of a prairie, or the peaks of a mountain... if you have the opportunity to gaze at the stars and understand the magnitude of the awesomeness of the universe and the Creator... of the stars and the promise made to Abraham that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars in the sky, and the sand on the seashore... whisper a little thank you.

I'm thankful that I don't need to rely on the stars for navigation!  (And so much more!)  I prefer an atlas.  :)  


What are you thankful for?

Leave a comment... I love to hear from my readers.  You can sign up for e-mail notifications in the sidebar or follow me on bloglovin'.  Did you know I am on other platforms of social media???  You can find me on facebook and on Instagram as well.  

I do my best to not be too repetitive with the content of my posts, so you never really know what you might find there.  Sometimes a funny post, sometimes an inspirational post and other times I might feature a sneak peek at some of my latest projects.

Thanks for stopping by!

Melva
Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series


Linking with:
BOMs Away at What A Hoot Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Moving It Forward Monday at Em's Scrapbag
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
WOW at Esther's Quilt Blog
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter


2 comments:

  1. Paper piecing can be the best tool at times. It's great for these isocolese triangle blocks. I love using it for numerous HSTs, too. And John Denver's Rocky Mountain High is probably my very favorite song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm thinking of me trying to use the stars to navigate by. Thankful I guess for GPS which is what I use instead. Thanks for sharing your journey on this qal with Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete