Friday, April 19, 2019

A Time For All Seasons - April



Basket Upset is the block of the month designed by Carla at Creatin' In The Sticks for the Sew Incredibly Crazy and Friends BOM.




And have I got a story for you! As I made the block I was taken back in time to Easter of 1992. Heather was 4-1/2 years old and Rebecca was two.


Dave and I have always been bargain shoppers and sometime in the midst of a harsh mid-west winter we found a swing set that had been deeply discounted. We snatched it up and stored it away until Easter.

After the kiddos had gone to bed on Saturday evening, we headed out the the barn where the swing set had been hidden for months (disassembled). We put it together and moved it to the yard.

Sunday morning the girls had to wait in their rooms upstairs until they were allowed to go into the living room to see what sort of Easter goodies may have been left for them on the dining room table in their Easter baskets.  









They had fun with the baskets and finding the "hidden" eggs (they were a little obvious, but the girls were small)... and then little Becca discovered what was outside!












You can catch the short clip here...  




We quickly dressed the girls in some play clothes and took them out to play.  The slide was a little "sluggish" so I grabbed a dust cloth and sprayed some furniture polish on it and wiped it down.  



Good times...

This year will be much more quiet for the two of us.  We hope to attend a Sunrise service... another one of my favorite memories. 


What are some of your favorite Easter memories or traditions?

Leave a comment... I love to hear from my friends!

Have a blessed Easter... He is Risen!  He is risen indeed!

Melva
Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series
Linking with:

A Time For All Seasons at Sew Incredibly Crazy
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy

UFO Busting at Tish’s Wonderland

6 comments:

  1. I love Easter vigil and I love coconut cream eggs that my Grandmother made. I have been craving them....now I am back on the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said the same thing........"the polish worked!"
    Thank you for sharing this! Love the quilt block too.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great videos! Easter traditions ... this marks the 50th year that I have prepared an Easter basket for my son. This year, it wasn't a basket, but a hanging plastic bunny bag that his cats found very tempting. =) Another tradition is going to church and singing in the choir - "Gethsemane" this year, along with the older Primary children. He is risen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun year that was for your girls!!! Such sweet videos. Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a fun trip down memory lane <3 Swing sets must be an Easter tradition for most. I got my swing set for Easter one year. Sadly, I think this is the first year we did not color eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful blocks and one beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. : )

    ReplyDelete