Tuesday, March 27, 2018

No Guilt - Go Quilt - #3

Hey all!

There hasn't been a lot going on in my studio that is new and exciting, or that I can share progress on.  





I finished the wall hanging that I had been quilting last week... I hand stitched the hanging sleeve and the binding while completely unplugged from the world and at a "girls weekend".  It was a much needed time of rest, refreshment, sharing and laughter (and even a few tears).

I cannot share a photo of the completed quilt though as it is intended as a gift for a special someone in April.  (Be sure to come back when I reveal it!)





This morning we awakened to it lightly snowing... and the forecast indicates that it will snow most of the day, with little accumulation.  We need the moisture desperately as we are hovering in a severe/extreme drought.  

And since I will be working all day out of the house tomorrow, I have chosen that today I will spend aaaaaaaaaaaalll day in the studio catching up on a new BOM - "Let's Go Camping" by Pat Sloan - but without guilt!  I thought these blocks would go nicely with the "It's a Wild Life" blocks from Sew Incredibly Crazy.




The crockpot is going with some BBQ chicken - no recipe required for this meal...




Three chicken breasts with BBQ sauce of your choice topping them.  I have used my home-made "Ultimate BBQ sauce" recipe that is from Tyler Florence - all with substitutions and alterations to accommodate my dietary restrictions.  If you have an interest in how I do that, let me know and I will fill in the details.


Do you have a favorite BBQ sauce?  
Do you have a favorite crockpot recipe?
Please share!  I love hearing from you...

In the meantime, you know where I can be found... No Guilt...

Go Quilt!

Melva

Linking with:
Fiber Tuesday at The Quilting Room with Mel
To Do Tuesday at Stitch All the Things



Melva Loves Scraps - Home of "Quilters Through The Generations" 


2 comments:

  1. The retreat sounds so wonderful! I am glad you got a finish in and had a great time! I really need to do a BBQ "pulled chicken" instead of pulled pork one of these days! I tend to make the latter only because we buy the pork loin on sale in bulk and I gravitate towards that. My favorite BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Rays! It used to be a BBQ sauce that was sold locally in my hometown, Sierra City Grill, but its no longer being made. There's no other BBQ sauce I've had that holds a candle to that one, but Sweet Baby Rays will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go setting aside a day for yourself. I think those two projects will really compliment each other.

    ReplyDelete