Monday, March 19, 2018

No Guilt - Go Quilt - #2

I have a wall hanging that I recently finished and it is ready for machine quilting on my Babylock Jazz... in its new custom table, no less!




So here is what I have in my crockpot, allowing me to enjoy an entire, guilt-free, day of quilting.  Thanks Gooseberry Patch!



This is a versatile recipe and I have made it with chicken and pork - it is all personal preference and what may be available on sale at the time.  Also, we opt for flour (or gluten-free in my case) tortillas, rather than the corn.

If preparing this as a freezer meal, place all of the ingredients (except the tortillas and garnishes) into the freezer bag. Remember to slip the recipe in the outer bag so that you know what it is, as well as all ingredients.  And remember, for an super easy clean up, use a liner bag. =D

With the left-overs I have transformed it into a Mexican (tortilla-like) soup and serve with quesadillas.  

There you go... Go quilt!




Melva


Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series


Linking up with:
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Moving It Forward Monday at Em's Scrapbag
To-Do Tuesday at Stitch All The Things
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication

7 comments:

  1. That table looks amazing. I hope you spend many happy hours there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison. I certainly plan to be there a lot! And with planning freezer meals it is all guilt free! Be Blessed.

      Delete
  2. Wow....that's the best setup I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I am so jealous! That table is wonderful. Have quilting that wall hanging! Thanks for sharing it on Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What perfect day, especially with dinner ready at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! Your recipe sounds delicious and your table is lovely! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is fantastic! Thank you for the recipe too, that sounds amazing! I can't wait to try that one and then get to quilting! Thank you so much for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete