Sunday, August 4, 2024

Secret Sewing Sew & Tell


Welcome!  This is my weekly Sew & Tell party... where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.  LOL...  Did anyone else ever watch "Whose Line is it Anyway?"  It was such a silly and hilarious (and sometimes inappropriate) show.  

I've made a quick recovery from last week's "under the weather" moment.  There is nothing like experience to tell you when you need some medication... Rx was started and I sat as I binged the Olympics.  This helped me to pass the time as I rested without feeling antsy about getting back to my studio.  By Monday I was back to an almost normal pace.

The painter doing the interior of Mom's house was finished, one final mop of the floors and countertops done and the paperwork for the listing of the house are all done.  Now we wait... Check out the listing

The days are counting down to my deadline for needing a very special quilt completed... bit by bit and unit by unit the blocks are coming together. 

I have 12 blocks completed.  And I have bunches of 4-patch units pieced.  There are some additional units that need to be made designed and put into place as well...  

I hope to have a full flimsy ready for sandwiching no later than Wednesday.

However, this is all I am able to show you at this time. 

(The full reveal will be given in about 2 weeks.)

I've been so wrapped up with all of the "other things of life" that I completely missed a planned release date for the next block in the Pieces of My Life Sew Along! 🤯 {Self-imposed deadlines! 🙈lol) However, because I did not ever share the scheduled dates of releases, nobody knew... I'll be making up for the skipped date this week ~ Block #14 will be announced on Thursday, August 8th.  The newsletter will be sent (including the secret link to the memory book pages that accompany this quilt) on Thursday.


Diann at Little Penguin Quilts has been participating and sharing her memories and progress of her quilt.  She is using the QAYG layout and using her domestic machine to do the quilting.  

Take a few minutes to follow the link above to check it out. 💗

All of the links related to my sew along can be found by selecting the "Pieces of My Life" tab at the top of the page (or you can just click the link in this paragraph ;) )


Now for this week's randomly selected feature... drumroll please :)


Vicki had plans for a different border, but the wall hanging had other plans.  In the end, the wall hanging's desire won out.  Take a look over on her blog to see the border that did not win.

That's all I have for now...  Be sure to come back for a visit on Thursday to see block #14.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

PS... I'll be making sure I practice some self-care this week.  Typically, it would look like an escape in our 5th wheel camper.  Sadly, our schedule says that is not possible...So, before you leave... tell me about some of your favorite things to do to pamper yourself.

Linking with:

m


11 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, Melva! There are definitely lots of different ways to take care of ourselves - sometimes they involve meds, but sometimes an hour sewing or getting lost in a good book will do it for me. Thanks for featuring my first section of Pieces of My Life! I'm reminded that it needs a few more stitches before I'm ready to call it done. I'm glad your QAL doesn't have any deadlines - those are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better! Good luck with the sale of your Mom's house. If I lived nearby I'd go have a look. ;)
    I like the look of that star block. I searched and searched last night for a sawtooth star pattern that did not use flying geese but uses HSTs instead and that has a center that I can "fussy cut". I need one that is 9-1/2 inches unfinished. I look forward to your "reveal".
    Diann's blocks and stories have been so fun to read. I am dragging my feet on the SAL because we need to get our photo boxes down from the attic, and it's hot up there. My stories are based on some of those photos, so it will have to wait a bit, but it will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a fast sale of your mom's house. Glad you are feeling better, and I am looking forward to seeing your star block emerge into a quilt! Thanks for the feature Melva:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are feeling better and able to get back in your studio. I don't like taking medicine, but sometimes it's the best thing to help you heal quicker. I hope your mom's house sells quickly. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better!! How nice of the olympics to entertain you haha we used to Watch ( and sometimes still do) whose line is it as well - its hilarious... and yep - inappropriate too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely star, it's going to be a pretty quilt. Take care and enjoy your sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are feeling better and that the house is listed. The listing looks great and hope that it is a quick sale for all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your recovery was quick. Yes, it's hard to make plans when you never know what will happen in life or how much energy that life experience takes from you.
    Binge watching anything is something we need, and can help brainstorm and motivate. At least that's my excuse.
    Thanks for hosting. EnJOY seeing all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on the sale of Mom's home. You'll get caught up on everything soon enough. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear you were not feeling well but oh so glad you are recovering. Can't wait to see your special project. That block sure makes me curious! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/07/wednesday-wait-loss-392

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy you are feeling better and making progress!

    ReplyDelete