Thursday, August 29, 2024

My Heart Beats for You ~ TGIFF


Welcome to TGIFF and Melva Loves Scraps!

This is the place where quilters get to celebrate their recent finishes.

I'll get the party started with a Plus Quilt that I started in June


I had it sandwiched and ready to quilt but had to set it aside as it was (finally) time to get my Mom moved. There were several other interruptions that happened before I was able to focus on the quilting in August (but I'll skip all those details).


As I quilted this wedding gift for a nephew and his soon to be bride, prayers for the couple were stitched in with each heart and "rhythm" that was made.  Hearts were stitched only in the center of each plus.

I'm sure any cardiologist or doctor, nurse or medical professional would have something to say to me about the inaccuracies and irregular rhythms, but sometimes, when newly in love (or even years later) your heart can be all a flutter for the one you love.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)


The back of the quilt includes a vintage marriage certificate panel that I have filled out with the names, date and location of Brett's & Julie's wedding day.



Here are a few more "glamor shots".





































Now it's your turn!
Let's see your finishes :)

Keep Piecing,

Melva


4 comments:

  1. Plus quilts are among my top 5 faves, and yours is beautiful! That vintage marriage certificate panel on the back is wonderful. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your glam shots by the little old church or was it a school house! Is that near where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you included an old fashioned marriage certificate on the back, Melva!!!

    ReplyDelete