Sunday, April 28, 2024

Sew & Tell ~ April 29, 2024 ~ Lovely Teal Memory

April is nearly over... time marches on.  And sometimes at the beat of its own drum. LOL!


Last week went along smoothly as I spent time in my studio working on the first of three custom t-shirt quilts.  By Friday afternoon I had it finished, sans the label.

I sat down to the computer to do a quick post about it... that was when I was waylaid by the fact that our business website was AWOL... again.

After seeking help from tech support, to no avail, I began the process of creating a new one, using the free program from our webhost.  It has been something I have been dreading for a looooooooong time.

Surprisingly, after a few hours of figuring out the program and slowly adding our information and photos, I had a good start.  By late Saturday morning I was able to get it to a point that we could publish it.  We still have a few details to add and tweaks and adjustments to make, but so pleased thus far.

Had I not had to take care of techy business, I would have been making a new spring table topper for our kitchen with the hummingbird fabrics I used in the "thank you" table runner I sent off to our friends.  Oh, well... 

I have to remind myself that I am the only one making up the deadlines here.  

I have two more t-shirt quilts to make for my customer, Colleen.  An order for fabric has been made with the fabrics chosen by Colleen.  I'll have plenty of time to focus on a fun table topper this week.  YAY!

In addition to the table topper, I will be preparing for the next release of the Pieces of My Life block.  Block #6 will whip up in no time, leaving you with plenty of time to answer the questions that will be available via my newsletter.  







Last week Andrée at Quilting & Learning showed off some Cathedral Window potholders.  These are so cheerful and bright.  She shared some tips and had suggestions on how to get the corner points nice and crisp. Be sure to show her some love and tell her that I sent you. ;)

Before you go...

Do you do the "self-imposed deadlines" thing too?

Leave a comment... we can commiserate together ;) Or leave me a tip to get out of that habit.

Be Blessed and Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m


13 comments:

  1. But look what you did accomplish--a very puzzle piece t-shirt quilt, quilted and all! Love the turquoise accent! It's okay to have goals, and it's okay when something sidelines those goals, too. Proverbs 16:9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Life seems to frequently sideline my goals. But interruptions are a regular part of life. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, they are a regular part of life...

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely t-shirt quilt. Good for you doing that website! Yes I self-impose deadlines, and I am the only one who really cares - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be commiserating together, I do it all the time, every week it seems. That's how I get stuff done I guess. Nice work on the T-shirt quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the t-shirt quilt. I have one in my future (or more than one) and this is a great solution! Also, I do follow my self imposed deadlines. They shift at times, but it keeps things flowing and moving in my creative world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The t shirt quilt looks fabulous, Melva. I am glad your were able to go in some quilting time. Hope you have a great week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I think time always marches to its own unique drum. Those tshirt quilts are fabulous. So glad for you that you were able to deal with the technical problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've really mastered the art of making t-shirt quilts, they're gorgeous. And can I join the "self-imposed deadlines" club? ;))
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see a lot of Harley t-shirt quilts. That one is great with the color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melva, great t-shirt quilt! Thanks for featuring my Cathedral Window hot pads. I'm always giving myself ridiculous deadlines - you would think that I should know better by now! Good luck with your crazy deadlines - self imposed or not!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always do really well with self-imposed deadlines. Even more, I'm at my absolute best when I set daily goals to make sure I meet them. Generally, I don't get overly stressed about them or anything--just take them as fun challenges. Sometimes yes, life will get in the way and I'll slack off on setting daily goals etc, but the important thing is that we get back to it when we can.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great T-shirt quilt. Love the colors. I tend to goof off if I don't have a deadline - even if it is a self-imposed one! LOL Thanks for sharing with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete