Sunday, April 14, 2024

Friends & Sew & Tell ~ April 15, 2024

I've written about a special group of ladies that I am part of... Friends and Sisters in Christ... We've loved and supported each other throughout many years, life's challenges, up and downs.  

It has been almost 4 years since the larger group of gals has gathered together to fellowship for a weekend.

This weekend it happened!  In total, eleven of us gathered at a special place called "The Refuge."  Because of this, I don't have a great amount of time to write.  



I worked very peacefully on Tuesday and Wednesday as I wrote and tested/pieced the final three blocks of the purple version of "Pieces of My Life" and made two sets of pillowcases for my Mom.  


While retreating with the ladies, I worked on another paper embroidery Psalms picture.

We laughed about past memories and made more as we shared and caught up with each other.  

We had an abundance of food, not enough sleep, and just a beautiful opportunity to love on each other.  

Life is short... make sure that those you love KNOW that you love them... tell them the actual words.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely time with your friends! Hope you came home refreshed and energized. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your retreat! Looks like a beautiful setting. Your purples are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely time of support and friendship, Melva! I'm glad you had a great time. Love those pillow cases you made for your mom! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete