Sunday, February 11, 2024

Sew & Tell ~ February 2/12/2024

Welcome to this week's edition of Sew & Tell!

It is Valentine's week and I spent one day last week making some corny cards for the grandkids... microwave popcorn included with each punchline.  You can see them on the Feeling A Little Corny story.


I spent a fair amount of time piecing the final blocks for my newest sew along event... I've been referring to it as The Bride's Quilt II... however, after allowing the concept of including questions for the participants to answer and create their own story quilt to "ferment", I am settled on calling it "Pieces of My Life"

With this name it falls right into place with my previous sew alongs ~ Pieces from the Past, Pieces of the Santa Fe Trail and Pieces in the Garden.  💖  Had Dave been in the house when I had the revelation, he probably would have thought I'd gone a little bonkers, given the fact that I was dancing and whooping. LOL.

And then I saw this on Moda Fabric's Instagram...

The responses were clever and hilarious!  

At the moment I came up with the idea of the name, it would have been "I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it..."

What would your theme song be?

Be sure to leave a comment before you go!


Also, before you go... It is time to take a look at our weekly showcase share.  Cheree at Morning Latte showed off some beautiful scrappy stars...  These little guys finish at just 4" each and the plan she has for the layout (if I understood correctly) will require 80.  

I included stars like these at the same size in my Pieces in the Garden quilt and needed only 12 for the row... I may have adult ADD but feel I would struggle to accomplish the task she has before her.  I would need to break it up with spreading the piecing of them out... like and leader/ender project... or set aside a few hours right after lunch to do just them and then turn my attention to something else.  Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

This week I'll be turning my attention to the pattern writing portion of the sew along.  I have selected the questions to accompany each block and *I think* I have them in an order that makes sense and a relation to each block/name.  I will have the chance to double check all of that and the patterns when I make the blocks for a second quilt with a traditional layout.

Time's ticking away so I better go.  Feel free to join the Sew & Tell party!  Invite your friends too.  The more, the merrier.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m



7 comments:

  1. Pieces of My Life sounds like a wonderful name. I am looking forward to the SAL and seeing what you have in store. Hmm a theme song for my sewing space- maybe "Welcome to the Jungle". Hee! Hee! It is a mess but I am still a happy quilter. Have a wonderful week, Melva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, what a fun question... the song that came immediately to mind was the them from Dick Van Dyke show, it was clever, funny, creative, with comfortable characters and situations, and I wanted to watch it every day in reruns, as I want to go to my studio every day. Thanks Melva, LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cards!! I immediately thought of I Will Survive, but then I thought of Caught in a Trap by Elvis! LOL I think that one suits me better....a trap I never want to get out of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those corny cards are great! Thank you for the mention on my stars! And yes, I did get all 80 stars done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet corny cards Melva. Cheree’s Stars amazed me. I don’t think I could actually concentrate long enough if I had to just work n them! My theme song would have to be “Crazy”. Right now I have 8 projects on the go on m cutting table 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pieces of My Life sounds like a great name! NO wonder you were excited! Looking forward to seeing how it stars... those stars are fantastic, Cheree did a great job! Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melva, good luck with planning and writing up your Sew Along. I'm not sure what song my studio would have - I'll have to think about it....something about a tornado?

    ReplyDelete