Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Feeling a Little Corny


I have had this corn on the cob fabric in my stash for years!  It was something I acquired from a gentleman at church after his wife and then mother passed away.  It was a large collection of fabrics that filled the entire back of our jeep.

I sorted through and set aside all cotton/quilting fabrics.  And then continued sorting by fabrics that I could use for other projects (like skirts and dresses for OCC) and other stuff that I just did not want to keep.  (I simply did not have room to store it.)  I invited a friend to come take a look as well.  She left with several arms full of fabrics and notions.

The remainder of the stuff that I could not use was donated to the community theatre for their use.  They were thrilled with the donation and offered us some free tickets for an upcoming performance.


In December we had purchased a box of microwave popcorn for when the girls stayed with us over New Years.  Rather than let it sit and get old, I 
thought it would be fun to make some cards for the grands.  Since Valentines Day just around the corner, I saw this as a perfect opportunity to create some pretty corny, quilted cards for them. 

I enlisted help from friends on fb and insta to come up with the sayings...  


What would you have suggested for the cards?

I have several yards of the fabric left... 
I'll likely just keep it on hand for more cards but it would make a good tablecloth or quilt for a picnic... 

What's your best corny suggestion?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you.

Gotta have this fabric?  Send me an email... we can make a deal!  MelvaLovesScraps@NolanQualityCustoms.com

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:





14 comments:

  1. This fabric made awesome card! I think I'd make a picnic tablecloth or picnic quilt with it. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really cute cards. You have a great imagination for projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, soooo cute!! You're very good at coming up with sayings, I am so bad at that! I know they will be well received, corny or not!! You could make some tea towels, pot holders,... bowl cozies??? With some corn soup... haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops forgot to say Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric is adorable! These made great cards. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/2024/02/07/wednesday-wait-loss-366

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever Valentines! I think they will just love them.... and the popcorn, too. What a great grandma you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MELVA!! Those cards are so darn sweet. Not one bit corny (I couldn't help myself). LOVE THESE! You are a fabulous grandmother. {{Hugs}} a bunch! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable!! These are just the cutest. Thanks for sharing them with us on TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THose are SO sweet!!! I love that fabric and what a fun thing to do for the kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now these are just too CUTE!!!!! How creative and clever! Beautiful job , Melva and a great use of the corn fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this idea, Melva! That corn fabric made great quilted cards and the sentiments were so sweet! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Punny! I got a kick out of your creativity and sense of humor with this project. I second the motion to make a picnic quilt with the remaining yardage. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure that your grandchildren loved receiving these cards! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete