Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Fun Christmas To-Do's

It is the week of Christmas... 


Our stockings have been hung, even Hanna's properly facing stocking.  The presents have been wrapped, the tree decorated and Dave and I are ready to enjoy a few relaxing days as Saturday approaches.

I'll be prepping as much of the Christmas meal as I can ahead of time, Lasagna, so that I only need to pop it in the oven to bake.  One daughter is bringing pasta sauce to make spaghetti, the other is bringing salad and garlic bread.  It doesn't really sound like a gluten-free and dairy-free meal, but trust me... we have found products that are suitable for our restrictions AND still tasty!


❧  If I have an hour or so, I will likely end up in the studio making some small decorations to add to the gifts...  I found the tutorial last year.  

I used some vintage buttons as the tree-topper. 💓

❧  I'll be writing up a year-end summary and linking up with a year end review as well as a look forward to some 2022 goals.

I'll leave you with a cute poem that I shared last year...

A Quilter's Night Before Christmas
(author unknown)

'Twas the night before Christmas,
And the quilts were not made.
The threads were all tangled, the cookies delayed.
The stocking weren't hung, the pantry was bare.
The poor weary Quilter, was tearing her hair.
Stacks of fat quarters, tipped over in streams.
Visions of Log Cabins, had turned into dreams.

When what to her wondering eyes should appear,
But a bus full of quilters with all of their gear.
They went straight to work with just a few mutters,
Sorting and stitching and brandishing cutters.
The patterns emerged from all of the clutter,
Like magic the fabrics arranged in a flutter.
Log Cabins, Lone Stars, Flying Geese & Bear Tracks
Each quilt was a beauty-even the backs.

Her house how it twinkled, her quilts how they glowed.
The cookies were baking, the stockings were sewed.
Their work was all done, so they folded their frames,
And packed up their needles, without giving their names.
They boarded the bus, and checked the next address.
More quilts to be made, another quilter in distress.

She heard one voice echo, as they drove out of sight,
Happy quilting to all and to all a good night!

Merry Christmas,

Melva

Linking with:

To Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting

8 comments:

  1. do you use the chick pea pasta? I have not seen it in lasagna noodles - I don't have to use other brands of noodles and pasta but some of then are very low carb so I sneak those in for hubby who could loose some weight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hanna's stocking is beautiful. I am GF and dairy free also, so would love to see you post some recipes or links to recipes you use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cute stocking and ornaments, and clever poem. Looks like you are all ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stocking!! Wishing you and your family a very Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay on the stocking! I LOVE that poem, gave me goosebumps. :) Have a wonderful Christmas Melva!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, thanks for the poem. We are just so frazzled this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute stocking and tree ornaments. Love the poem! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing holiday! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. Happy Almost New Year!

    ReplyDelete