Monday, December 20, 2021

Disney Babies Grown Up Finish

I finished the custom memory quilt made with lovey blankets... **Happy dance, happy dance**  Here are a couple shots.  It was a beautiful sunny day so I pulled out the remnants of sidewalk chalks that I have hanging around and had some fun.


Each blanket came with a velcro closure to help hold the blanket around the baby and some of them had "characters" over them them.  My customer asked that they be included on the quilt, if possible, in some manner.  
Well, Of course I included them!


It required some hand sewing when the quilting was done... but I didn't mind at all!


I used a fun juvenile like print with butterflies, frogs and bees on it that had a bit of a texture as the backing...  It goes along with the tactile features of the front of the quilt. 

An all-over lattice quilting allows for the fabrics of the quilt to be the featured star of the show with the little characters sprinkled in for some fun!



As I stitched this quilt I recalled our own trip to Disneyland in 1998 and the trip to Disneyworld that our daughters were lucky enough to enjoy with their Girl Scout troop a few years later.  

Near the end of the day of our trip, when the light parade was to begin, we asked the girls if they wanted to see the parade or go ride more rides since there would be no lines.  They opted for the rides which was great fun!  We were the only ones on Magic Mountain and went multiple times in a row.  

Have you been to one of the Disney parks?  
Which is your favorite?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you.

Piece Out,

Melva 

Linking with:  

Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

2 comments:

  1. Nice finish and how cute to see the little additions you've sewn on. I went to Disney World, but we never took our kids when they were little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a fabulous job on these quilts! brava!!

    ReplyDelete